Confirmed with Link: Caps sign Chandler Stephenson to ELC

HOLDITHERE*

Stephenson has the skill, speed, and smarts to be a good offensive threat. He does lack the ideal size, however, at least in terms of his body mass. If he can overcome this deficiency, then he could be an effective, two-way performer in the NHL down the road.

Perreault/Johnansson 3.0

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Holy ****, he's a cousin of Joey Kocur and a distant relative of Wendel Clark.
Perreault/Johnansson 3.0
They differ quite a grand bit. This HF post makes me think he's closer to MP.

HF said:
Chandler Stephenson is a two-way center who packs some offensive punch. He is a very explosive skater with great acceleration, which he uses on both the back check and to get involved on the rush offensively. One aspect of his game that is highly underrated is his vision, which he uses to set up his linemates. He also is very strong on the puck and on the forecheck.

HOLDITHERE*

Holy ****, he's a cousin of Joey Kocur and a distant relative of Wendel Clark.

This year sure. Perreault as a Cap was awful. I feel like I'm the only one that remembers how terrible it was. The guy was fast, tried things he couldn't do, got pinkied off the puck, tripped over the ice. He was in the right place at the right time sometimes, and occasionally made a great pass. But...hardly a grand bit of difference.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
This year sure. Perreault as a Cap was awful. I feel like I'm the only one that remembers how terrible it was. The guy was fast, tried things he couldn't do, got pinkied off the puck, tripped over the ice. He was in the right place at the right time sometimes, and occasionally made a great pass. But...hardly a grand bit of difference.

Ridiculous. For a 3rd line center who drew a lot of penalties and just all around seemed to piss off everyone on the opposing team, he was perfect.

I wish this team could get him back or go for Gallagher.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Perreault was excellent but got **** on because people like big physical players and he was streaky like 90 percent of NHLers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Yeah, I think he's closer to Eakin out of recent in-house comparables. Not as skilled a finisher and maybe more of a 3C ceiling but he's not really soft. He's short but a little stocky.

Liberati0n*

I always felt like this guy got overlooked a little. Hopefully he does well in Hershey.

Gr in 430

Apr 12, 2014
I watched this kid in 2 dev camps and in a couple of Caps exhibition games in September. He was paired with Brouwer and the Walker kid from Australia in this year's Caps training camp and they were very effective together. The fact that Stephenson made it to the last week of training camp indicates that the organization was impressed. Then he followed up with a huge season for Regina, which was not a very good team his first few years when he was hurt a lot, and he led them to the playoffs this year.

He got the max entry-level deal, so that also says something. I'm not sure what, but something.

He's not very big but he's got a good base (much better than Perrault), very quick and very fast. Excellent vision, made Brouwer and Walker look good in those preseason games. Very responsible defensively. Left-handed shot, so along with Kuznetsov, he helps to balance out the excessively right-handed organization.

I'd say he was similar to Eakin but with a stronger base and body, so he's harder to knock off the puck at this age, and solid in all 3 zones. I think his current tool kit gives him 2nd line potential, but you never know how these kids are going to develop.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I watched this kid in 2 dev camps and in a couple of Caps exhibition games in September. He was paired with Brouwer and the Walker kid from Australia in this year's Caps training camp and they were very effective together. The fact that Stephenson made it to the last week of training camp indicates that the organization was impressed. Then he followed up with a huge season for Regina, which was not a very good team his first few years when he was hurt a lot, and he led them to the playoffs this year.

He got the max entry-level deal, so that also says something. I'm not sure what, but something.

He's not very big but he's got a good base (much better than Perrault), very quick and very fast. Excellent vision, made Brouwer and Walker look good in those preseason games. Very responsible defensively. Left-handed shot, so along with Kuznetsov, he helps to balance out the excessively right-handed organization.

I'd say he was similar to Eakin but with a stronger base and body, so he's harder to knock off the puck at this age, and solid in all 3 zones. I think his current tool kit gives him 2nd line potential, but you never know how these kids are going to develop.

Bolded=This. Thought he looked very good in preseason. Hockey sense is what jumped out to me

Last edited:

Liberati0n*

That's really, really strange. Is the delay explained by him holding out for that? So ****ing weird.

LifetimeUFA

Apr 12, 2014
If Burakovsky, Bowey, and Stephenson are all in Hershey next year, it will be fun to see them develop together like the guys that were together for the back to back championships

CapInSask

Jan 22, 2014
Moose Jaw, Sask
I played against him in Bantam a few odd seasons ago. Obviously, he has grown both in size and as a player but the things that I remember most about having to defend against him were definitely that he had a strong base for his size and that he had great hockey sense. For what it's worth he did an excellent job of getting into our captain's head and totally threw him off his game so that says something.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It's NHL or WHL next year for Bowey. IMO he still has plenty to learn as far as managing risk and overall defensive positioning at the WHL level. Loads of ice-time and potentially a spot on Team Canada at the WJCs will do him a lot of good.

Burakovsky is AHL eligible since he was drafted out of Europe rather than the CHL.

LifetimeUFA

Apr 12, 2014
It's NHL or WHL next year for Bowey. IMO he still has plenty to learn as far as managing risk and overall defensive positioning at the WHL level. Loads of ice-time and potentially a spot on Team Canada at the WJCs will do him a lot of good.

Burakovsky is AHL eligible since he was drafted out of Europe rather than the CHL.

Ahhh yes my mistake, i always mix up the rules for european picks and the NA players. I've seen Bowey play a couple times but Im sure you have seen him play more and I trust your word. Kid has loads of potential. Burakovsky should take the next step though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad