Pre-Game Talk: Caps @ Sens 1.29.2013 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Ovi-Beagle-Crabb maybe a line again.

Laich will be on this Canadian trip, not really known what this means. Maybe Oates thinks he's great leader and wants him in the locker room?

Neuvy starts.

Senators are 3-1-1, shootout loss Sunday night against the Penguins.

I Am Score*

You may get hate for this but keep it up man.

I actually like these current pre-game threads. I have no idea if they were used last season as I joined in December, but they're fun.

If the team played like they did the other night and Carlson improves, we should win this hockey game.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
how about, at 1201am or afterwards, just change the prefix of the thread to GDT and not have two threads to discuss the game before the puck drops.

+1 on Ribs Ovi, give it time. Oates is doing his thing for now

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
how about, at 1201am or afterwards, just change the prefix of the thread to GDT and not have two threads to discuss the game before the puck drops.

+1 on Ribs Ovi, give it time. Oates is doing his thing for now

Yeah, I agree that Oates is figuring out his team. I find it fascinating that he's willing to shake up the lines as thoroughly as he has.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah, I agree that Oates is figuring out his team. I find it fascinating that he's willing to shake up the lines as thoroughly as he has.

It is impressive. And posters thought Hunter was bad with his love for Beagle. Beagle was and is trending up and coaches work the hot hand, even if they are made of stone.

I think Oates takes a more mental approach to the game than Bruce or Dale, or approaches it differently. Bruce was very emotional heart on his sleeve, Dale was a closed book. Oates seems like Bruce without emotion perhaps. I dunno.

There are no complex plays or big playbooks to learn, and they all know how to play. The game becomes very mental.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
5 games in. caps leading scorer. ribeiro 6pts. leading goal scorer ward 3 goals. leading minutes green 28:00 per game.

ovechkin. 1g 1a

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Nope. 44-3-1.

Hey, don't forget I predicted a cup this year!

I bet a mod would think its superstitious to delete move and merge all redundant threads too.

Oates is a character, sticking to his Beagle is our 1C gun. I like it, but i see this as big a message for Nick to pick it up, as much for Ovi to get used to shooting again, and stop making those awkward passes.

Its something for them to think about until game time, when Nick and Ovi will be reunited by the 2nd period.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I'm actually pro Ovie-Beags-Crabb, at least for a while. Let him grind it out at even strength for a few games and spread the scoring, such as it is, across three lines.

I will say that, as someone who was generally a Semin supporter, Ribeiro has done a much better job generating offense on his line of plugs than Semin did in his last two years here.

Halpysback*

I'm actually pro Ovie-Beags-Crabb, at least for a while. Let him grind it out at even strength for a few games and spread the scoring, such as it is, across three lines.

I will say that, as someone who was generally a Semin supporter, Ribeiro has done a much better job generating offense on his line of plugs than Semin did in his last two years here.

A playmaking center generating more offense with plugs at wing than a sniping winger with plugs at center and wing?

images

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA

Which is why you re-sign Semin.

Halpysback*

You mean in addition to trading for Ribs? I could have been on board for that if it was a short term signing, but it would have complicated the cap situation.

I'd think the 21 million we have in roleplayer/over the hill cap space complicated it more.

Had we resigned him to a 3 year deal at his cap hit from last season or 5 year deal at 6 per we'd also have had another chance to trade him if he was doing well and reclaim some assets rather than just letting him walk. Ovechkin probably doesn't get his heart broken too.

If you're gonna overpay, at least overpay for legitimate top 6 or top 4 players.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I'd think the 21 million we have in roleplayer/over the hill cap space complicated it more.

Had we resigned him to a 3 year deal at his cap hit from last season or 5 year deal at 6 per we'd also have had another chance to trade him if he was doing well and reclaim some assets rather than just letting him walk. Ovechkin probably doesn't get his heart broken too.

If you're gonna overpay, at least overpay for legitimate top 6 or top 4 players.

Are you saying they were...

51HUMHPMycL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Senators apparently got a flu going around the locker room. Michalek and Karlsson people speculate may have it.

So if they do play, that might be good, or if they don't that is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->