GDT: Caps rooks vs. Flyers rooks

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Both of the first goalies to play looked solid, Caps just can't seem to get a rhythm going.

Liking the look of Cajkovsky

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
BabyCaps can't find any space or create any space for themselves. They're getting smothered and making bad passes during the breakout, and end up dumping the puck into the offensive zone but getting beat to the puck.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Wilson had a couple scoring chances, probably more than anyone else on the team which is pretty sad

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Stephenson was pretty sound. Reliable. Maybe the one complete forward out there. Burakovsky and Copley were the other standouts IMO.

From what I saw it's hard to expect much from so many Just A Guys and talented but mostly individualistic skilled players. Not a whole lot of team play with the puck and not much getting started from the back-end.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I thought Cajkovsky was the best player on the Caps and it wasn't close. He was comfortable skating with the puck and looked surprisingly quick given his size. Also used his body very well. Really impressed with him today.

Walker and Stephenson were the other too who looked alright.

Vrana looked lost, which is to be expected. Burakovsky should have buried one or two.

Everything else, puke city.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
This game sort of have a look of a ncaa div one squad with a bunch of juniors and seniors versus one that was full of freshmen/sophomores. All starts with the breakout for the capitals as they couldn't get going at full speed (credit the flyers) so even when they attempted to dump/chip and chase support was too long and coming.

Pretty much the standouts were the ones already pointed out. Bura broke his stick on that great chance at the end of the game. Vrana showed good speed up the wing in the 1st pushing the D back but just didn't have the puck all that much

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
How has Bura looked so far? Saw a few positive reports regarding this game.

I'm not really sure I agree with the Caps playing him at center, is that a permanent change they are attempting to make? He's a winger imo.

How exactly do ELC's work? I'm not an expert on the matter. Would it burn a year of his ELC if he played in the AHL this season?

I don't see him as ready for the physical grind of the NHL. He is not strong enough and his defense/boardplay work is not nearly good enough.

That being said I believe he should be in the AHL, it will be interesting to see what the Caps do.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
This game sort of have a look of a ncaa div one squad with a bunch of juniors and seniors versus one that was full of freshmen/sophomores. All starts with the breakout for the capitals as they couldn't get going at full speed (credit the flyers) so even when they attempted to dump/chip and chase support was too long and coming.

Pretty much the standouts were the ones already pointed out. Bura broke his stick on that great chance at the end of the game.

That was a nice setup from Vrana

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
That was a nice setup from Vrana

Was that the one play where Bura got the puck in the defensive zone and turned up ice with his speed, gave the puck up in the neutral zone but then got a sweet feed in the offensive zone for a shot on goal?

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
3-0 includes an empty-netter. According to Vingan, Tyler Lewington was generating a lot of buzz with the Caps coaches and management.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
3-0 includes an empty-netter. According to Vingan, Tyler Lewington was generating a lot of buzz with the Caps coaches and management.
Liked Djoos and Cajkovsky a lot more than him. He was dangled around by Cousins once I remember.

EDIT: BTW, he's AHL-eligible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad