Post-Game Talk: Caps Rangers 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
That brings back memories :) When I was scouting, we'd spend part of our time doing that regularly.

lol, when we got our first computer as a kid, I would take the news paper every day and input all the NHL stats, and kept my own NHL stats for the season. It was actually easier than waiting for ESPN pages to load. I was a complete nerd, glad that didn't last long

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
It's clear that there are a lot of Caps fans now in the world who waited all of 5, 10, or may 15 years for a Cup. They will simply never understand so probably just best save your breath. (Side note: my Hawaii-raised, non-sports husband cried like a baby that night in Vegas. He'd been part of our family long enough that he knew... Especially because my dad didn't live to see it.)

My wife recently showed me a video she had taken of me after they won the cup, me literally inches from the TV with tears in my eyes :laugh:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
It's clear that there are a lot of Caps fans now in the world who waited all of 5, 10, or may 15 years for a Cup. They will simply never understand so probably just best save your breath. (Side note: my Hawaii-raised, non-sports husband cried like a baby that night in Vegas. He'd been part of our family long enough that he knew... Especially because my dad didn't live to see it.)
I’m sure at some point I’ll be able to watch the highlights from that run without someone cutting onions in the room but yeah, not any time soon. So lucky for that run and for the last 15 years of Ovi. This is damn near as good as it gets as a sports fan and I am enjoying every moment of it. I don’t think people understand or appreciate how rare it is what we’re getting to experience... this period of sustained excellence and the best goal scorer to ever play still making every game must-see TV even into his mid-30s.

/gets off soap box and cracks a beer/

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Everyone acting like Holtby vs Grubby who to keep had anything to do with winning the cup in 2018. Dumping Holtby after the cup would have saved us the cap space to keep Bura. Grubby was already the better goalie and thats why Holtby was benched for him. Grubby now looking like a Vezina front runner on a cheap contract. But everyone has a cool poster of Holtby from his last good game...

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I’m glad we didn’t give a Caps legend like Holtby the boot after winning the cup, even if it wasn’t the best move in hindsight.

Id prefer to watch the Caps with my favourite players... Can you imagine if somehow Ovechkin was traded in 2017 and we still won the cup in 2018? That Cup win wouldn’t be nearly as epic.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I’m glad we didn’t give a Caps legend like Holtby the boot after winning the cup, even if it wasn’t the best move in hindsight.

Winning is more fun with your favourite players... Can you imagine if somehow Ovechkin was traded in 2017 and we still won the cup in 2018? That Cup win wouldn’t be nearly as epic.
Did anyone miss Bryce Harper when the Nats won the WS?
But yes Ovie needs to stay a Cap until he retires

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Same thing that happens whenever Willy comes off suspension. The other team figures he's marked and just tries to goad him into shit.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad