Post-Game Talk: Caps Rangers 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Said this all night. We don't play well against them. Whatever they're doing disrupts us every. single. time. Very frustrating, to put it politely.

There are better analysts around here than me, but I think it's something to do with youth and speed. We seem to struggle to find space and end up having to rush plays, which leads to incomplete passes.
Defensively (apart from Dillon's stuff up) we seem to play them pretty well - last year's team, when Reirden was coaching, would have struggled way more with a young, fast team like this. Our defence is much calmer and I also like
how our guys are much better positioned for breakouts etc. The team seemed to be really confused under TR.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Said this all night. We don't play well against them. Whatever they're doing disrupts us every. single. time. Very frustrating, to put it politely.
I'll start worrying about them if we lose next games. Previous games we were under new system, coach and being a veteran team that takes longer to get going. Last 2 games were a flip-coin though which isn't a good sign. In the yesterday's game we managed so few shots which is worrisome, this game was better, but to get a goal we needed an awesome shift from our top players.

Anyway with the Rags it was always a flip-coin for some reason. Different coaches, new teams and we always play a flip-coin with them.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I didn't get to post this in the pre-game but you guys are ding dongs for pining over Grubauer while the Avs are playing some of the most complete hockey of any team in any division right now. Pretty sure if they had Holtby instead we'd be wondering why the Capitals let the guy go, they're making it very, very easy to play a good game as a goalie right now.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I'm kind of glad they lost. The fast regular season starts they've had these past couple of years have left them gassed for the playoffs.
They need to pace themselves, then peak come playoff time.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Anyway, losing this game sucked, but at least we're not the Phlyers. They've been outscored 18-5 in their last three games.

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad