3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I understand what you are saying, and I agree: a lot of players we had were just poor management. Isn't Pionk doing well? Yandle, another player we mismanaged imo.
Glass was an AV obsession lol.
Girardi played pretty well in Tampa when he was used as a bottom pairing D. Shattenkirk (who I still don’t like because he got too comfortable here after signing) admittedly played very well in Tampa too. Skjei is the only recent d-man who is the exception. I think he’s worse in Carolina. Man did he fall off a cliff after his rookie season.

I’m still very bitter about Yandle, Pionk, and Shattenkirk. Those hurt because they turned into great players and we got a very underwhelming return for them (I think a 5th for Yandle, Trouba and his contract for Pionk AND the 1st rounder, and dead cap space for Shattenkirk lmao).

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Gotta give a shout-out to Ryan Edward Gaston Strome too. I still prefer to praise the kids of course, but he’s very underrated on here. I was the biggest hater, and I’m still not totally convinced that he can keep this play up for the next few years, but my eyes opened when he seemingly played better without Panarin. He’s stepped up big time this season. Legit 2C. Don’t forget he was drafted like 5th overall. He’s very skilled and creative offensively.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
This team has the talent to beat any team on any given night. The problem is they're so consistently inconsistent and crap the bed it seems like every other game. The talent is there. We have several players who, when hot, can practically score at will. And our defensive play has gone from being a huge issue to a bit of a strength. We're just extremely young with a coach who constantly behaves like a knucklehead and does this dumb crap all the time that makes you shake your head.

This team's window is just opening, but you have to wonder how long it'll take before we're truly competitive. And by that point, how much of our current roster will still be with us, with the cap issues that are looming in the near future.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I don't know how to break it to you guys,... but our chances of catching Boston are slim to none. Doing the math, even if we go 15-6 in our remaining games,.. Boston would need to play under .500 hockey in their remaining games, without any OTL's. Boston is a team playing 9 games above .500 with 3 games in hand. Hardly seems likely they will help us out and totally collapse.

But it has been an enjoyable season with Zibad, Panarin, Strome, Buch, Fox, Kreider, entertaining us. Watching Kakko grow and improve also adds to that entertainment. I sure hope all these guys come back next year. It would be a crime to let Strome go the way he is playing. I feel it would be hard to replace him at center. He is very underrated. And I know the Rangers were looking to trade him. If he gets an assist Thursday, he ties Rod Gilbert for forwards, with a 10 game assist scoring streak.

Last edited:

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Girardi played pretty well in Tampa when he was used as a bottom pairing D. Shattenkirk (who I still don’t like because he got too comfortable here after signing) admittedly played very well in Tampa too. Skjei is the only recent d-man who is the exception. I think he’s worse in Carolina. Man did he fall off a cliff after his rookie season.

I’m still very bitter about Yandle, Pionk, and Shattenkirk. Those hurt because they turned into great players and we got a very underwhelming return for them (I think a 5th for Yandle, Trouba and his contract for Pionk AND the 1st rounder, and dead cap space for Shattenkirk lmao).
Skjei is a more effective player in Carolina. Rod uses him in any situation. He is still prone to the glaring mistake, but has been pretty solid for the Canes.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Rangers fan:

Rangers lose. Quinn is the reason.
Rangers win. They won in spite of Quinn.

Another fan, after the Rangers beat the hottest team in the world:

The team sucked. Individuals were good.

Take a position. Maintain it no matter what happens.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Watched the game after work. Man, that last period was just a thing of beauty. Despite the goals I really enjoyed a shift by the “Laf” line late in the third where they kept the pressure up on the Caps and showed some skill and grit.
And as for Lindgren.....cheeky bastard deserved a star just for his chirpin’

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
oKtD5v0.jpg

Reactions: Synergy27

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Please no. We already have a major traffic jam in the wings.

He’s playing to well to let him walk or give him away for nothing though.

But I remain an advocate of trying to move him for a piece like Lundell.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He’s playing to well to let him walk or give him away for nothing though.

But I remain an advocate of trying to move him for a piece like Lundell.
Obviously can't just let him go, basically need to trade him ASAP while his value is high. Otherwise we need to part ways with Kakko, Lafreniere or Kravtsov (who, granted, we don't know what he'll en up yet). Obviously JG couldn't know we were going to win Laf, but that Kreider extension was a major misstep in hindsight.

Last edited:
Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Saw the 2nd and 3rd, we looked pretty good. Winning is fun.
Fox is still Foxy. Can't believe we wasted 2 seasons of Panarin brilliance. Chytil and Laf need more ice-time. Good to see Kakko scoring. WIlson was obviously dropped on his head repeatedly as a child....

Would love to hear the official explanation about the difference between the Smith x-check on Oshie that resulted in a penalty, and the one Wilson delivered to PDG (may have been Rooney?) in front of the net earlier that had no call.
Caps also like to do a mini slew foot a lot on our defenders when they have the chance.....many times they would drag the foot to get a piece to knock our guys off balance if for just a second ...happened a LOT . Surprising how much time that allows them to be first on a puck because of that . Our guys fighting for balance and then Caps have puck . Far as I am concerned....that was a beauty of cross check by Smith on TJ....should have hit him harder ! Wilson crosscheck on our guy earlier was worse but our fellow did not dive . I really hate Ovie and Wilson....the yapping after the game is just their way of trying to intimidate us....setting stage for the next game already. Geesh...wish we had a young version of Ryan Reaves just to level one or both of those two Caps.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
A few thoughts:
Dear Lord, thank you for having Adam Fox be a Ranger fan. Just think about if he were playing this well as a Hurricane and we wanted to try to get him now. What's the price?

Strome has turned himself from a punchline bargain bin retread into every bit the player he appeared to be when chosen #5OA

I was 100% wrong when I said we shouldn't sign Panarin. I didn't think we were ready to add a piece that big but he is one of the greatest players I have ever seen wear the sweater. Can I get some gravy for my crow? It's a little dry.

It feels like the Caps and Flyers have swapped identities. Score gets out of hand against and here comes the bullshit. Textbook Flyer style. But Washington.

I am sorry to keep harping on it and I know he's a rookie but K'Andre Miller has me yelling at my tv multiple times per game. He does alot right but I feel like he makes alot of plays to get himself out of trouble but puts the teammate he passed to in worse trouble. And the stickchecking is driving me insane. Please somebody get this kid in front of a mirror and show him how freaking big he is. You don't have to be Scott Stevens but we need you to not be Willie Huber.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
Rangers fan:

Quinn did some things that were right tonight and he did some things that were wrong. The team won because of what he did right but almost lost because of what he did wrong.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

alkurtz

Nov 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Sometimes you get a glimpse of just how good this team can be in the future. When you get the peak, it leaves you speechless. Last night was one of those nights. My reaction at the end, and still this morning was, and is, wow! Games like last night fill me with hope. So great to see the kids growing and contributing. The process in never linear, they will certainly be setbacks and frustrations to come, but last night! If this is the future, I can't wait to see what the next few years will bring!

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Rangers fan:

yes, individual performances.

do you think the team played well?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Quinn did some things that were right tonight and he did some things that were wrong. The team won because of what he did right but almost lost because of what he did wrong.

Right.

If Richard Banger agrees with Quinn, it's the right move.

If Richard Banger disagrees with Quinn, it's the wrong move.

If only Richard Banger was coaching the Rangers. The Cup would be ours.

Make it happen, Gorton.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
yes, individual performances.

do you think the team played well?

When the Caps recently beat the Rangers twice on Ovechkin goals, I guess the Washington coach was an idiot.

The Rangers just beat the best team in the league, but let's try and find some negatives to further the agenda.

Reactions: romba

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
One of my bigger complaints with Quinn this year is over his mask and I can see why he and Oliver ended up with covid. Every time the camera scans over to the Rangers bench (and this is all season long) there he is with his mask half off or pretty much all the way off under his chin. Knoblauch was lots better. Most people don’t have a big issue communicating with their masks on properly and I wish David would try it some time if only so we don’t go down the home stretch with half our team out sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad