3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Nope..give the C to Lindgren ....the man bleeds Ranger Blue . No point in overloading Fox.....he might think he has to stand up in an incident[which Captains do at times ]..drops the gloves and breaks a hand . Who do you want out for 6 weeks Fox or Lindgren?

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey
Nope..give the C to Lindgren ....the man bleeds Ranger Blue . No point in overloading Fox.....he might think he has to stand up in an incident[which Captains do at times ]..drops the gloves and breaks a hand . Who do you want out for 6 weeks Fox or Lindgren?
Never happen, and for the same reason they gave it to Leetch instead of Graves, which I thought was a mistake; they want a head-and-shoulders above type of superstar to wear the C in New York.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Right.

If Richard Banger agrees with Quinn, it's the right move.

If Richard Banger disagrees with Quinn, it's the wrong move.

If only Richard Banger was coaching the Rangers. The Cup would be ours.

Make it happen, Gorton.
This but unironically.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Considering these mitigating factors:

Our PP QB and top point producer can't be a good boy and gets kicked off the team.

Our 1C played like Brett Howden for the first 21 games or so.

Chytil lost over a month of time which hurt our center depth (combined with previous point).

Panarin leave of absence.

Igor's groin and playing a 3rd string goalie because the backup's head is on Mars.

The hodge podge defense we had to play for a few games when Trouba broke his hand and Covid/small injuries hit in the same 2 week span.

Entire coaching staff going down an hour before the game and for over a week.

This team has shown a ton of resilience and has overachieved based on the mitigating factors. Just compare our situation this year and results to Calgary, Vancouver, Dallas.
Those are out of his control and I don’t hold it again him.

It’s the the aspects that he does have direct control over which leads the team to underachieve IMO

if people don’t think coaching makes a major difference, look at our defense YoY. I think Quinn is well below average as an NHL coach. He served his purpose and I’m ready to move on

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Is Kakko throwing off the shackles of Quinn? Or is it that he's on the team too short of a time 'developing' for Quinn to ruin him, like Fox?

Some of you guys put wayyyy too much on the coach lmao. It matters, and likely effects, max, a few wins/losses over the course of the season, but some of you make it like 50% of wins/losses are directly correlated to the coach, that's asinine. Like a coach can turn turn a bottom feeder into playoff contender. Trotz turns shit into gold, or he turned silver into gold?

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I predict that over the rest of the season we'll have good games and bad games and the opponent won't necessarily matter. And that's exactly what I expected from a team with this much youth. It's a roller coaster on a bumpy track. Who knows where they'd be in the standing in a normal year with a full camp, a normal schedule of opponents and guys not getting hit with covid.

Reactions: ohbaby

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I will say this. Quinn is at least not juggling lines like he’s changing his underwear. It’s allowing the players to get more aware of each other and how their line mates play
When they play like shit and show no semblence of coherent offense, line shuffling is warranted. May not work, but I'm not gonna bitch about it. When they play well making plays in the o zone the lines stay the same. It aint rocket science and it's not some super unique trait of Quinn's.

Similarly, some ppl want possession entries ALL THE TIME, but also want no turnovers at the blue lines. Can't have it both ways, and it's not the coaches fault. When the other team plays back and gives room, or we have numbers through the NZ they try to carry it into the zone and make plays. When they don't have space on a 3 on 3 they (correctly) dump it in and try to grind out possession.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
One of my bigger complaints with Quinn this year is over his mask and I can see why he and Oliver ended up with covid. Every time the camera scans over to the Rangers bench (and this is all season long) there he is with his mask half off or pretty much all the way off under his chin. Knoblauch was lots better. Most people don’t have a big issue communicating with their masks on properly and I wish David would try it some time if only so we don’t go down the home stretch with half our team out sick.

ADA never had a problem with Quinn's mask... Too soon?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Why is it incoherent exactly? People constantly bitch about how he dishes out playing time and his constant line juggling is ridiculous. This team comes out flat more often than not in my opinion. Who's job is it to have them prepared to play? They were run over the first 10 minutes last night and the only reason they weren't down 4 goals was Igor. It's a constant theme with this team, not just last night. I don't like Quinn and this team will never reach the next level with him behind the bench.

So playing against objectively the best team in the NHL at the moment the Rangers should have been expected to maintain complete 60 min dominance against them?
And as far as line juggling goes, well lines were working last night so there was no need to switch things up. And you should analyze or read posts that do it for you to explain how Quinn's lines work coming out of PK or PP situation as part of the overall game plan.

The part about your opinion on Quinn and the teams outlook under him should be repeated in every post so you might as well add it "below the line" to save you time writing it. Cheers!

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I'm going to say with a fair degree of confidence that I doubt you will see Fox drop his gloves. I don't think he has that gear.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
This game is a great example of how great defense leads to offensive chances. Chytil and Panarin's aggressive plays at the blueline lead directly to goals. Lindgren's excellent pinch near the blueline allowing Panarin to find the puck and feed Fox, might not be considered a defensive effort, but I beg to differ. Keeping the opposition from gaining control, is a great way to protect the net. Clearing the puck, out of the zone is also an excellent way to protect the net. And if that clear ends up on the tape of Panarin's stick at the opposing blueline, all the more better. Even Buch's empty netter was a great play in the defensive zone.

Yeah this game was a great example of how D leads to offense.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
So playing against objectively the best team in the NHL at the moment the Rangers should have been expected to maintain complete 60 min dominance against them?
And as far as line juggling goes, well lines were working last night so there was no need to switch things up. And you should analyze or read posts that do it for you to explain how Quinn's lines work coming out of PK or PP situation as part of the overall game plan.

The part about your opinion on Quinn and the teams outlook under him should be repeated in every post so you might as well add it "below the line" to save you time writing it. Cheers!

I'm saying that in many games this year we have come out flat, not just against good teams like Washington. It's happened FAR too many times this year. Isn't that the coaches job to have them ready to play? I understand the line juggling coming out of a PP and PK situation. There are other times where he is just too quick to move bodies around and plays 4th line scrubs way too much. I'm not saying all the issues this year are his doing. The injury situation this year, Mika disappearing for the first 15-20 games, and the overall youth of the team, cannot be blamed on him but he still is not a very good coach IMO. When this team is ready to seriously compete he will not be behind the bench.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I've noticed that Trouba has gotten his shot on net more the last couple of games. That being said, I still think his favorite TV show growing up was A-Team.

Reactions: egelband

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
This game is a great example of how great defense leads to offensive chances. Chytil and Panarin's aggressive plays at the blueline lead directly to goals. Lindgren's excellent pinch near the blueline allowing Panarin to find the puck and feed Fox, might not be considered a defensive effort, but I beg to differ. Keeping the opposition from gaining control, is a great way to protect the net. Clearing the puck, out of the zone is also an excellent way to protect the net. And if that clear ends up on the tape of Panarin's stick at the opposing blueline, all the more better. Even Buch's empty netter was a great play in the defensive zone.

Yeah this game was a great example of how D leads to offense.
they were all rush goals except for Fox's, which came at the end of long forecheck/ occupation of the Caps' zone followed by, as you say, a failed clearing attempt & a good pinch.

Reactions: ohbaby

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I would like to know what sorcerer,.. Panarin has on his payroll. Cause I can't believe he can possess all that magic by himself. That primary assist to Fox was ridiculous. Blind pass on his backhand through a defenders legs at the blueline? Are you kidding me? He must have a half a dozen wizards on his payroll.

Cause if that wasn't magic, then I don't know what magic is. That was otherworldly.
Yea, I'm not sure why so many of his passes work. But they do.

They seem like high risk plays but he somehow seems to know to thread the needle like that. Makes me shake my head in disbelief nearly every night we get to watch him play.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Love how Sam echo's his old broadcast buddy JD here with, "Oh Baby What A Goal!"

Boy I miss that exclaim.
52204.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad