Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers: 05/03/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jxmarts

Sep 8, 2008
The only player in the organization at the moment who can stand up adequately to Wilson is Mason Geertsen. I don't think either is an elite fighter per se, but it would be a fair matchup.

I realize Wilson will continue to be Wilson. But I would call up Geertsen regardless, if only to demonstrate to the Ranger players that management has their back. It would be disheartening to whatever morale is left if nothing is done.

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey
Smith.jpg

Reactions: Captain Lindy

scott99

May 13, 2005
If he did that to Barzal he wouldn't get out like he did against us, we aren't built that way and the few guys we have are out in Trouba, Lindgren and Kreider. The trading of Lemieux was a huge blow to our toughness.
Johnstone squared up against him once, and he was getting destroyed, the refs saved him. He won’t fight Martin. Wilson is a disgusting puke.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
George Carlin had a great quote about how dumb the average person is and how half of them are dumber than that.

Bias is a very powerful thing that helps push the average way down.

That's why to some people all Wilson did was throw a punch and slam a guy like in any other game.

I wonder if people would have said "All bertuzzi did was throw a punch" had the internet been as prevalent (and our IQ average been this low) at the time.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
no. I am not going to look that up buddy. It was three decades ago. And if you think “ flying elbows to peoples heads” are ok, i have nothing else to say to you.
I used to love when Messier would be against the boards and he would pretend he wouldn’t see the guy about to run him. The opposing player always got a mouth full of Mess’s elbow pad. After that less players thought about lining him up. What a coincidence

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Also to the "rent free" idiocy

Just wanted to point out the rent would be Wilson being a dumb ape, trying to shorten a man's career by trying to slam his skull into the ice and punching a downed opponent in a uniquely vulnerable spot while choking him with a stick. Had these things not happened no one would be talking about Wilson today.

So that's not rent free.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
George Carlin had a great quote about how dumb the average person is and how half of them are dumber than that.

Bias is a very powerful thing that helps push the average way down.

That's why to some people all Wilson did was throw a punch and slam a guy like in any other game.

I wonder if people would have said "All bertuzzi did was throw a punch" had the internet been as prevalent (and our IQ average been this low) at the time.

The stupid thing is if Panarin lands on his face and bleeds on the ice Wilson is gone i guarantee it, even if the action is the exactly the same.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, guys I wouldn't get too hung up on Cap fan tribalism, this even actually showed that hockey fans that don't have a vested interest in a player can come together on what's right. Let's focus on the positives.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I'm just poking my head in here and wanted to ask an honest question to better understand where this fan base stands.

Do Rangers fans believe the Rangers need to be more physically intimidating and punishing after an incident such as this?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I'm just poking my head in here and wanted to ask an honest question to better understand where this fan base stands.

Do Rangers fans believe the Rangers need to be more physically intimidating and punishing after an incident such as this?
Before this incident and after this incident. The eastern conference plays a heavy game with bigger players. Thru the draft Gorton has added large defenders such as Miller, Schneider, Robertson, and traded for Trouba. Help is on the way at least on the blue line.
As far as Fwds go, I expect it to be addressed somewhat in free agency and more in a trade. The rangers have a solid group of guys with high end talent. They will want to protect their investment.

our management staff all but set a mandate to get harder to play against. They don’t want a bunch of goons. They want skilled guys that play a blue collar game. Those guys have the balls to do anything asked of them

Last edited:
Reactions: Unpredictable1

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
I used to love when Messier would be against the boards and he would pretend he wouldn’t see the guy about to run him. The opposing player always got a mouth full of Mess’s elbow pad. After that less players thought about lining him up. What a coincidence

Exactly. Players policing their own. The NHL has proven that they will not.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
This team has been weighed and measured and we have been found wanting.

We all want a response tomorrow but from who? How? We are not equipped for that type of game. Our team does not have that dimension this year.

we are all finesse an skill and no cajones

Last edited:

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Lol anyone expecting the Rangers to “do something” tomorrow will be sorely disappointed. All that’s going to happen is Smith will challenge him to a fight. They’ll hug for 5 minutes, fall to the ground and that will be the end of it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm going to tread REALLY REALLY lightly because this is controversial but it's relevant. ADA being persona non grata in the NHL because of his politics and social media habits while Tom Wilson still employed by the Caps and he would find a home in a second if they decided to get rid of him is kind of what REALLY bothers me about the world today. And maybe this one place where the NHL isn't stuck in the 1970s because it seems like ADA's transgressions in 2021 trump Tom Wilson's. And I'm honestly trying hard to be objective here and not rant about a certain type of politics. But this is 100% relevant to the Tom Wilson discussion. Maybe the PR for NHL teams is doing what is in the best interest of their teams in terms of ADA and the PR for a Tom Wilson type just doesn't register on nearly the same scale.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
My gosh, he's going to be in the lineup for the next game vs the Rangers lol.

SMH - is Ronning the enforcer or Buch?

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Fighting Wilson doesn't work. Headhunting their stars is pointless and furthers the issue that got everyone upset in the first place.
If DOPS can't do its (pretty damn simple) job maybe it's time to show the league we're unhappy by showing up the league?
Just don't play. Head to centre ice, take the face off and then just ignore the puck for the next 60 minutes. Let the caps win 45-0, let single game records be broken left and right, embaress the league in a nationally televised game so that they actually get the message that players aren't happy, and that they feel the league as it is is unable to look after them.

Reactions: Dessloch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->