Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers: 05/03/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Sign John Scott, Brashear, Colton Orr and anybody you can get your hands on for one game. They can be fat, out of shape, it doesn't matter, they still have body mass. That's not their purpose. They're out there to send a message.
I would love that, but let's be honest, it won't happen. Rangers need someone in the team already who can fight well, or at least target him all game.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
May 4th, 2021:
Rangers fans looking through all 50 Rangers contracts and any available UFA goon on capfriendly.com in preparation for their next game.
HoarseOccasionalDikkops-size_restricted.gif

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Is it going to be Rooney, Smith or Kreider who steps up and faces him no? What do you think?

Kreider is hurt and not exactly a fighter, Rooney will get killed and Smith most likely loses that fight, it would be close but the real solution is to call up Geertsen, let him take on Wilson, Smith freight trains Backstrom, someone plows Carlson through the wall and someone runs their goalie and hopefully out of all that, washington loses their first round and we can all point at Wilson and call him an idiot for killing the caps chances at a cup

Reactions: Captain Lindy

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I would love it if LaF answered the call, and announces that he's the real C of this team sooner or later.

I understand he's green and young, but LaF in Juniors wasn't exactly a soft player.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
I posted this on the main boards. The NHL has a marketing problem.

The NHL's idea for marketing is telling people what time their games start. Everything in that league is "old time hockey mentality"; stuck in the 1950s. They are behind the times in everything. No bleeping clue; they live in their own world, the stone age.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I don't agree at all with this eye for an eye stuff w/r/t targeting their star players. It's cringe and doesn't solve anything. Anyways, I don't know who we have in Hartford that can fight, but call him up and have him repeatedly drop the gloves against Wilson. Hopefully he lands a few good ones. Nothing else that can be done really except making it a priority to use our cap space to sign a big body 4th liner who can play and also protect the kids.

Its the only way to stop an idiot. If he starts costing Washington playoff series they'll be forced to put him straight, right now all they are doing is saying everything is a hockey play, well do the same thing to Backstrom and see what they feel about it, and i guarantee you the first one talking to Wilson is his teamates because they dont need that shit either.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I don't agree at all with this eye for an eye stuff w/r/t targeting their star players. It's cringe and doesn't solve anything. Anyways, I don't know who we have in Hartford that can fight, but call him up and have him repeatedly drop the gloves against Wilson. Hopefully he lands a few good ones. Nothing else that can be done really except making it a priority to use our cap space to sign a big body 4th liner who can play and also protect the kids.
Who cares about solving anything at this point?????? The NHL certainly doesn't. Payback is needed now

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I would love it if LaF answered the call, and announces that he's the real C of this team sooner or later.

I understand he's green and young, but LaF in Juniors wasn't exactly a soft player.

Hes not taking on Wilson. The only guys we have with Trouba out are Smith and maybe Barron but thats not really his thing. Its a really shitty time for Trouba to be out, or maybe its no coincidence that Wilson is tough when he's out and lemieux is traded.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The NHL's idea for marketing is telling people what time their games start. Everything in that league is "old time hockey mentality"; stuck in the 1950s. They are behind the times in everything. No bleeping clue; they live in their own world, the stone age.

Yup. The NBA is so lame in how transparent they are that they want to be the "young/hip" league. Some of it I can discuss more freely on this site than others, but the non-controversial example is the new stupid jerseys that they have every game. It's REALLY REALLY transparent and lame. But guess what it works.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I don't need him to take on Wilson.

I'll take a run at destroying Backstrom while his head is down.

Imo, this is like baseball.

You don't drill the pitcher that threw at your teammate....

You throw at the head of the 3 hitter on the team.

He was physical vs junior players, he's not physically mature enough to do what youre asking in the nhl. Unfortunately the two guys that would be useful are Trouba and Lindgren. I think a lot of people are gonna be disappointed by the lack of action the next game, without Trouba, Kreider and Lindgren we lose a lot of weight in this game, add in the trade of Lemieux and the only guy left is smith.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I’m an Isle’s fan, and I’ve never been so disgusted by what I saw last night. I’ve been an NHL fan since 1975, and shit like this went on back then, but back then, Wilson would be picking his teeth up from the ice. He should NEVER be allowed to play another game in the NHL. He should be suspended forever. He’s had a million chances, and he’s shown that he is purposely trying to hurt people.

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
I know everyone said Lemieux sucked, useless or whatever but this why I was disappointed when he was traded. I know he apparently requested the trade so whatever. We could certainly use him right about now.

he understandably had wanted a bigger role here and saw a logjam at wing. The sad part is that, if he played better, he would easily have gotten more minutes- he brought a unique jam we certainly lack.

he plays even smaller minutes in LA now- avging about 8min a game.

Reactions: Sayba

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I’m an Isle’s fan, and I’ve never been so disgusted by what I saw last night. I’ve been an NHL fan since 1975, and shit like this went on back then, but back then, Wilson would be picking his teeth up from the ice. He should NEVER be allowed to play another game in the NHL. He should be suspended forever. He’s had a million chances, and he’s shown that he is purposely trying to hurt people.

If he did that to Barzal he wouldn't get out like he did against us, we aren't built that way and the few guys we have are out in Trouba, Lindgren and Kreider. The trading of Lemieux was a huge blow to our toughness.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

looks that way here so far.. i thought he always tried to start the game with a hit to set the tone. he talked about doing this in juniors. not really physical yet

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007

The problem is that wilson is targeting star players and the league isn't doing anything. At a certain point it very much becomes an eye for an eye, and that is entirely the league's fault.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
But you do have to be a dirty player. See: Tom Wilson. We don't have those types. That said, to everyone saying we have to trade or teach a street fighter, the minor leagues are still FULL of goons that would do anything to play in the NHL. Really not hard to find a talentless goon for a few games if that was our style.

Hell give me a stick. Put me in coach.... I'll do it for a cool 50k and full reimbursement for my medical bills.

you dont have to be a dirty player either. go look up what pavel bure did to shane churla.

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
you dont have to be a dirty player either. go look up what pavel bure did to shane churla.

no. I am not going to look that up buddy. It was three decades ago. And if you think “ flying elbows to peoples heads” are ok, i have nothing else to say to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad