Proposal: Caps offseason

johnsic

Nov 12, 2009
Caps need to sign Jonas Sighentaler and Caps can sign him for 1y 1m.
Caps also either use Phoenix Copley as a backup goalie or sign Mike Smith 1y 1m.
Caps have plenty of capspace so they use this to upgrade the team.

Caps:
Nick Jensen

Panthers:
Anton Stralman

Caps:
Richard Panik

Hawks:
Brandon Saad

Caps new lineup
Ovie-Kuz-Wilson
Vrana-Backs-Oshie
Saad-Eller-McMichael
Hagelin-Dowd-Hathaway
Kempny-Carlson
Siegenthaler-Orlov
Fehervary-Stralman
Samsonov
Smith/Copley

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Does the cap work for this? Doesn't feel like it.

I wouldn't be against getting Saad, and Panik certainly doesn't seem to have fit in (though a new coach might change that), not sure I'd want to trade Jensen away though - I think Kempny is more likely to be gone - we're loaded with LHD but have very few right handers in the system.

Is Stralman still a relevant player? I was keen for the caps to sign him when they got Orpik and Niskanen, that was a long time ago....

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Caps need to sign Jonas Sighentaler and Caps can sign him for 1y 1m.
Caps also either use Phoenix Copley as a backup goalie or sign Mike Smith 1y 1m.
Caps have plenty of capspace so they use this to upgrade the team.

Caps:
Nick Jensen

Panthers:
Anton Stralman

Caps:
Richard Panik

Hawks:
Brandon Saad

Caps new lineup
Ovie-Kuz-Wilson
Vrana-Backs-Oshie
Saad-Eller-McMichael
Hagelin-Dowd-Hathaway
Kempny-Carlson
Siegenthaler-Orlov
Fehervary-Stralman
Samsonov
Smith/Copley

Oh brother. Kempny is gone. Dillon may be gone too but its more like he stays than Kempny. Stralman gets 5.5m while Jensen gets 2.5m. That swap aint happening. McMichael isnt gonna.

johnsic

Nov 12, 2009
I still believe in Kempny to bounce back. He was awesome in the cup run. Also the cap does workout. Try it yourself in Capfriendly.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I still believe in Kempny to bounce back. He was awesome in the cup run. Also the cap does workout. Try it yourself in Capfriendly.

Kempny was never awesome. He was adequate for the odd way he was being used. Are you willing to roll the dice with your entire defense corp structure on that bounce back?

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Kempny bit the dust. Over-performed for a while and then broke down. Dillon is simply a safer bet to provide meaningful veteran 2nd Pairing minutes. My $ goes to Dillon 8 Days a Week.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
ya FLA would be interested in lower money/cap if next year is a building/player analysis year for new GM.

Don't know why WSH wants Stralmans deal, he's overpaid by at least $1 million to 1.5 million

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad