Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Leafs - Thursday 7pm - SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Don't usually cheer for ovi to score, but need him to score 2 goals today to win some money. If jinx happens and he dosnt score, it's a win for me as well.

Reactions: authentic

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think we're preparing Murray to be our Jones replacement next year

I think Sammy will sign up with another team who is gonna throw money at him (Oilers? :sarcasm: :laugh:)

This is probably why Woll getting all the starts to see what we got. Murray I don't know if he going to sign for cheap. He is probably looking to make more money :dunno:

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
But if you're getting A1 if you drop into the wildcard, what's the difference between finishing in A3 or WC1? This system, man.
For me it’s about playing a winning style leading into the playoffs

Going 4-7 in the next 11 ISNT going to inspire confidence or build any good habits going into the playoffs. This year more than any bad habits (awful passes, terrible clears, overplaying pucks) have cost us goals and games. These last 11 need to iron those out completely and play a style that isn’t just giving up chances and goals left and right

But idc about opponent, either way it’s gonna be a team I think is better than us on paper, it’s up to the players to show that’s not the case

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
For me it’s about playing a winning style leading into the playoffs

Going 4-7 in the next 11 ISNT going to inspire confidence or build any good habits going into the playoffs. This year more than any bad habits (awful passes, terrible clears, overplaying pucks) have cost us goals and games. These last 11 need to iron those out completely and play a style that isn’t just giving up chances and goals left and right

But idc about opponent, either way it’s gonna be a team I think is better than us on paper, it’s up to the players to show that’s not the case

I agree with you 100%. As far as seeding is concerned, it doesn’t even matter where you finish, you’re getting a good team. May as well do a draw like they do in soccer.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
1711658332641.png

1711658385513.png

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
I know there’s injuries so easier said than done but stop:

Taking Benoit in and out of lineup
Moving McCabe ld and rd

It’s just shattering their confidence before the playoffs

Keefe is horrible here.
I think Kyper and Bourne found the stats…

Boston, Florida, Tampa 7 go to lines. All season.

Leafs have 21
How many seasons Jesus

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Matthews, who leads the league with 59 goals, was absent from morning skate due to illness and has been ruled a game-time decision for his club's third and final meeting against the playoff-hunting Washington Capitals.

Matthews has missed only one game this season, due to a flu bug on Dec. 16, and is on pace for 68 goals. Ovechkin peaked with 65 in 2007-08.

Coach Sheldon Keefe said Matthews is dealing with something "a little different" than the flu bug that has trickled through the Leafs' dressing room this winter.

"Hopeful that it's more manageable that he could be available tonight," Keefe said, "but see how the extra rest today benefits him."

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
I think Sammy will sign up with another team who is gonna throw money at him (Oilers? :sarcasm: :laugh:)

This is probably why Woll getting all the starts to see what we got. Murray I don't know if he going to sign for cheap. He is probably looking to make more money :dunno:
What happened to everyone who thought not starting consecutive games was good fior goalie. They needed rest. This is not Bower and Sawchuck. Nor is it Glenn Hall.
Woll should play 6 or 7 in a row. He is number 1 physically and mentally. Now we need to know if he is number 1 in skill.

Reactions: Marshy

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I just want to point out that the game is actually on SN1. It's possible that it will also be on SNO after the Blue Jays.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
What happened to everyone who thought not starting consecutive games was good fior goalie. They needed rest. This is not Bower and Sawchuck. Nor is it Glenn Hall.
Woll should play 6 or 7 in a row. He is number 1 physically and mentally. Now we need to know if he is number 1 in skill.
Has Sammy ever faced his old club?

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
But if you're getting A1 if you drop into the wildcard, what's the difference between finishing in A3 or WC1? This system, man.
I suppose it really doesn't matter. Due to losses to Chicago, Ottawa, Montreal etc. they're facing one of the Top 4 in the East. Wonder if those complaining about being locked into 2nd last year are enjoying this more?

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I suppose it really doesn't matter. Due to losses to Chicago, Ottawa, Montreal etc. they're facing one of the Top 4 in the East. Wonder if those complaining about being locked into 2nd last year are enjoying this more?
It doesn't matter at all. They won the division in the covid season, faced a weak opponent in the first round and we all know what happened there.

Reactions: HolyCrap

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
It doesn't matter at all. They won the division in the covid season, faced a weak opponent in the first round and we all know what happened there.
Yep, I find it bit humorous that some think the Canes or Rangers are somehow so much more preferable than the B's or Cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad