Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Leafs - Thursday 7pm - SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I wonder which team we get tonight? These guys are not inspiring confidence. It's close to impossible they don't make the playoffs (I thinks??) but does anyone expect anything better than the last 7 years? Sorry to be pessimistic, it's my way.

Although, we'd have given someone else's left nut for a team like this in the past ... they are disappointing.

They just are so flawed.

Before someone gives an easy answer ... current double digits ... can't afford good support, even cheap players can play structure, defend and show up on time.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Although, we'd have given someone else's left nut for a team like this in the past ... they are disappointing.

They just are so flawed.

Before someone gives an easy answer ... current double digits ... can't afford good support, even cheap players can play structure, defend and show up on time.
Yeah but with this kind of result, maybe it IS the coaching then?

Reactions: ULF_55

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Didn’t care for the lines last game at all.

Robertson-Matthews-Domi

Bertuzzi-Tavares-Nylander

Knies-Kampf-McMann

Holmberg-Dewar-Gregor

Could switch Holmberg and Robertson if you really want to. Robertson doesn’t “deserve” top line play right now but he and Domi have previous chemistry and Matthews always seems to find Robertson for a wide open shot whenever they’re on the ice together. Either way, as long as I never have to see the “Kid Line” of Knies-Holmberg-Robertson I’m happy.
Robertson is too defensively irresponsible to crack the playoff lineup. Those mistakes are how you lose games.

Reactions: Nylander88

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Flaming Hot Cheetos too. Ovi is a BOSS!!!!

1711644405204.png

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Are our guys faking it? Or do they genuinely get sick 3 times a week?

They are union aren't they?

I kid I kid ... I think I'm still in a union ... although I relinquished my fulltime position last year with 24 weeks of accumulated sick-time I donated back to the company.

That's a very close to 1/2 year salary ... sucker.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Oh somebody please think of the spoiled players. Gimme a break. I LOVE that he did that. They deserve it. If management doesn’t like it, they are part of the problem.
The only problem is that he is also responsible for creating the stupidest lines and decisions in game. Same PK and PP etc. Over and over again. Did he take full responsability for doing that? He is a spoiled coach coaching spoiled players. A blind leading blinds. Nice that he said something, but it is way to late.

Reactions: OddyOh

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
So when is Murray available?
Sorry day drinking in Florida my wife got bitten on the foot yesterday turned pink we are waiting to see if she has to go to the hospital
After his conditioning stint with the Marlies... which likely starts the second week of April.... so probably after the regular season ends.

Good luck to your wife, hope she's ok.

Reactions: aingefan

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
My only comment about potentially load managing guys like Matthews and Rielly late in the season is the Leafs should do whatever they fee is right…

But please load manage guys while you’re on the road because hometown fans don’t deserve a lesser roster having paid for tickets to see a Matthews Ovechkin match up.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
After his conditioning stint with the Marlies... which likely starts the second week of April.... so probably after the regular season ends.

Good luck to your wife, hope she's ok.
Thx!! I am sure she is, despite Ned Flanders not buying insurance on his house because he thought it was too close to gambling, we did, if it gets ugly we will go.
The Leafs would never activate Murray until the end of the season for cap space. AI subbed most of my words, very weird

How bout a 6 point night for Willy to get him to 100 points. Get it done sir!
I always loved Willy, don’t know why.

Reactions: Jojalu

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Why aren't other teams getting decimated with the flu? No, I'm not implying anything conspiratorial or nefarious, but it does seem strange the Leafs have been hit so hard compared to all the others. Maybe other teams will experience their turn come playoff time. *evil grin*

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Why aren't other teams getting decimated with the flu? No, I'm not implying anything conspiratorial or nefarious, but it does seem strange the Leafs have been hit so hard compared to all the others. Maybe other teams will experience their turn come playoff time. *evil grin*
Our team are all anti vaxers

They are only a few injuries/illnesses away from an emerge call up down to London.

That's how Kadri played his first game.
Easton Cowan over Gregor? You’ve got my vote???

• Haha
Reactions: ToneDog

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Lose again and throw players under the bus and Keefer is in Robbie Ftorek territory. Never too late to fire a coach.
Just doesn't happen this in the season. Unless.......

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Just doesn't happen this in the season. Unless.......

It is the Leafs. They will use their bullet on Keefe and make him the fall guy so Shanny has an excuse to run it back again. Shanny also needs to go but it is the Leafs so we will get to watch him embarrass himself once again in April once they bow out.

Shanny - "we will win with this core". Sure you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad