Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Leafs - Thursday 7pm - SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Big game for the Caps, should be interesting.

No practice today it seems, 'skills session with select players'.

Hopefully Marner is back for this one, if not, hopefully like Jesus he will rise up this weekend.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Im seeing woll starts tmrw. So either Samsonov actually was hurt or we are giving woll rope. He hasn’t been very good since coming back from injury, but it’s only been 6 games

Marner out, and Rielly questionable. This could be ugly if we don’t show up, especially since our special teams already suck as it is

Need to get back to winning games

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Hopefully Matthews is motivated by facing off against Ovi and pots 3.
Even better if he pots 3, the Leafs win and they look far more motivated & focused than last night.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Oh somebody please think of the spoiled players. Gimme a break. I LOVE that he did that. They deserve it. If management doesn’t like it, they are part of the problem.
Should have always been the way. The early years of coddling has not done them any good.

And let's be honest, he didn't say anything he hadn't already said to them.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Didn’t care for the lines last game at all.

Robertson-Matthews-Domi

Bertuzzi-Tavares-Nylander

Knies-Kampf-McMann

Holmberg-Dewar-Gregor

Could switch Holmberg and Robertson if you really want to. Robertson doesn’t “deserve” top line play right now but he and Domi have previous chemistry and Matthews always seems to find Robertson for a wide open shot whenever they’re on the ice together. Either way, as long as I never have to see the “Kid Line” of Knies-Holmberg-Robertson I’m happy.

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
Yeah he’s not speaking to the players through the media.
Yeah I guess. Maybe its the word choices to media. "Immature" and what was it last year "soft and purposeless". Players might get pissed.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yeah I guess. Maybe its the word choices to media. "Immature" and what was it last year "soft and purposeless". Players might get pissed.
I'm sure what he said to the press would be a milder version of what he said to the players.

Reactions: Evilhomer

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Playoffs need to start soon.

The only exciting thing at this point is whether we drop to WC1 or not. For the record, I really hope that happens. I like the way we match up against NY and Carolina WAAAY more than Boston or Florida.

Reactions: OddyOh

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I thought we were locked into 3rd, but with our recent losing stream and Tampa’s winning streak, they’ve almost caught us. Gotta start winning again to stay out of the wildcard.

Some will actually prefer we fall to WC1 for a chance to end up in the Metro, but I’m not convinced the Rangers/Canes are really a better matchup than the Bruins/Panthers, seems about the same to me (both tough). And I’d rather not enter the playoffs on a demoralizing fall in the standings.

Last edited:

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Sounds like Woll is getting the start.
Yup. Wonder if Samsonov is actually hurt or Woll has the net going forward.

Screenshot_2024-03-28-08-18-23~2.png

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Let's see the response by the team tonight. I am expecting a hard nosed games from both teams.

Pretty big game for both teams.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Yup. Wonder if Samsonov is actually hurt or Woll has the net going forward.

View attachment 842490
Samsonov bruised his leg, and declared he would be fine for this game. He's still the #1 guy, but they are playing it safe, and giving Woll some games, to see if he can be at his best, if and when we need him. Sammy probably gets the Sabres game.

""

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad