Pre-Game Talk: Caps @ Leafs - Last game before the break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
The problem is that they don't get a lot of PP's and they have limited game time practicing it.
This team needs to learn how to draw more penalties.
Perhaps Babs should take a page from the Italian soccer team training book

Send this to Leafs management asap.

Lol... that video was pretty good.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Isn't it reasonable to suggest that Tavares and Marner are our best two forwards?

Sorry, but Matthews has not done anything this season to prove that he is our best all around centre. At this point in their careers, Tavares is better.
Considering Matthews scored more goals in his rookie year than Tavares scored in his career high and his PPG in his second year tops Tavares career high I will let you argue for Tavares being better but offensively I don’t think it’s even close

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Isn't it reasonable to suggest that Tavares and Marner are our best two forwards?

Sorry, but Matthews has not done anything this season to prove that he is our best all around centre. At this point in their careers, Tavares is better.

I would agree. Matthews started off the year on fire. Unstoppable. But like last year, gets hurt and then isn't the same player when he returns

Reactions: AreBe

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

I mean, the guy waits and waits to get into the lineup and gets his big chance. Double clutching the stick is totally expected. I cringed when that happened too but I immediately let it go. If I recall, he had at least one more similar play before the period was over.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
The team didn't get anywhere when it had truculence and fighting. They were a significantly worse team.
How so? we lost 1st round same as now to the same team only we didnt get pushed around and we didnt have Mathews, Marner, Tavares, Kappy. Truculence does not mean a goon or a facepuncher, but adding two Gary Roberts, Tom Wilson, Simmonds, Reeves prototype players with one physical D to this line up and you can dance with any one or play multi styles, dump and chase, fast pace etc and I can guarantee this would give the rest of the team confidence and the work ethic would spread

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
How so? we lost 1st round same as now to the same team only we didnt get pushed around and we didnt have Mathews, Marner, Tavares, Kappy. Truculence does not mean a goon or a facepuncher, but adding two Gary Roberts, Tom Wilson, Simmonds, Reeves prototype players with one physical D to this line up and you can dance with any one or play multi styles, dump and chase, fast pace etc and I can guarantee this would give the rest of the team confidence and the work ethic would spread

We didn't "get pushed around" though. This is pure fantasy.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I mean, the guy waits and waits to get into the lineup and gets his big chance. Double clutching the stick is totally expected. I cringed when that happened too but I immediately let it go. If I recall, he had at least one more similar play before the period was over.

You'll be told all of his blunders leading to goals against and prime looks at the net are just "bad luck" by the advanced stats club.

:laugh:

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Matthews - Tavares - Marner
Kapanen - Kadri - Nylander
Hyman - Lindholm - Moore
Marleau - Gauthier - Brown

Let's see it for a game.. see if Matthews, Kadri and Nylander can get going offensively.

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
I would love to see them play like they gave a shit for a full 60mins. I’m not sure that is possible without some roster changes

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Matthews - Tavares - Marner
Kapanen - Kadri - Nylander
Hyman - Lindholm - Moore
Marleau - Gauthier - Brown

Let's see it for a game.. see if Matthews, Kadri and Nylander can get going offensively.
One day I'd like to simply see Nylander and Kadri swap spots..

Hyman - Tavares - Mitch
Kadri - Auston - Johnsson/Kapanen
Marleau -Willy - Johnson/Kapanen

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
A win followed by a long break sounds like exactly what this team needs right now.

I hope they empty the tank tomorrow and then have a relaxing break and come back ready to go down the stretch here.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
One day I'd like to simply see Nylander and Kadri swap spots..

Hyman - Tavares - Mitch
Kadri - Auston - Johnsson/Kapanen
Marleau -Willy - Johnson/Kapanen

Well we've tried him everywhere else without any success, so let's put him in a position that requires greater defensive awareness and responsibility.

What could go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->