Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Kings - 10pm-ish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
This team wins 5 in a row like it is no big deal. We are so lucky to watch them.
giphy.gif

Reactions: CapsJunkie

JayBeagleFanAccount

May 30, 2018
Washington, DC
Another game of Kuzy getting absolutely shelled: -31.37 cf rel%, -35.09 ff rel%, -34.33 xGF rel%.He needs to be paired with vrana and not Ovi for him to be successful at 5v5. It's only a matter of time before this really starts to hurt the caps.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
No one will convince me that in '16-'17 when he took that slash from Letang in November he wasn't playing with a broken bone. He is one tough mother though to go out and still get 33 goals.

No reason to play with the broken wrists all season since Nov. So thats still an opinion with low probability of being the truth. I guess.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Another game of Kuzy getting absolutely shelled: -31.37 cf rel%, -35.09 ff rel%, -34.33 xGF rel%.He needs to be paired with vrana and not Ovi for him to be successful at 5v5. It's only a matter of time before this really starts to hurt the caps.
giphy.gif

You're on a 5 game winning streak, down your #1 centre and #1 in the league. It's like dating a model and complaining because she has a mole on her back. I respectfully suggest that you enjoy the amazing team for however many years it lasts.

Cheers

Last edited:

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Great game overall, almost perfect. Was hoping Sammie would get SO, but no complaints. A solid Defense game, another multi goal game by a Caps player and Carlson get's his 100th career goal. He's in the Hart hunt now imho, not just Norris lead. What a spectacular Western road trip so far. Two solid back to back wins with injured players. Now that is dominant.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I’m in the “there’s zero chance he played with a broken wrist” camp.....

Caps 100% would not have let him play injured and risk his career.

Bad years happen, it was his second of those.
Wasn't that the year BT reduced his ice time to save him for the playoffs?

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Yes fancy stats were bad. Caps looked like they just wanted to get through the game and not push themselves. They seemed lazy at times, but it is a back to back after a west coast trip - and they’re already crushing it in points and don’t need to try too much/give too much on days like last night. I get it. It’s smart.

the thing is - I like this. The Caps when on normal rest can keep up with anyone and can fly/win games by scoring 4 or 5 goals. They have that in them.

Last night was a night they needed to probably grind out, have shorter shifts, and win a low scoring lazy game..... and they did. They were a fluke/rookie mistake away of a shutout.

I like seeing that. This team is showing they can win if they need to score a lot - and if they aren’t scoring - they can win by giving up 1 or so goals too. Complete package.

Most teams in the nhl cannot win if they don’t play well. Caps are winning without playing well. That’s scary for the rest of the league.

if they keep crushing then I say in start of new year they even rest Ovi, Backstrom, and Oshie from time to time on back to backs. There’s only four back to backs Jan until end of season. Keep the older guys rested. Our depth is proving to be able to crush it still (as we are seeing with Backstrom), and the more 100% they are going into playoffs, the better.

Until playoffs star, this team is in preseason mode. Simple as that. Winning isn’t going to be a problem for the Caps as they’re deep at every position and have best top end talent possibly in nhl with their top forwards, best defender in nhl right now, and two great goalies. It’s all about playoffs. Just get there as 100% as possible.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Let's will not get too excited here, the Kings are terrible. We should not have needed much effort to beat them, and we gave just enough effort.

At this point I just want to time warp to April, stay healthy, and conserve energy for the playoffs. This team is built to win a Cup, but it doesn't happen in December. The games in May and June are the ones I care about.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Yes fancy stats were bad. Caps looked like they just wanted to get through the game and not push themselves. They seemed lazy at times, but it is a back to back after a west coast trip - and they’re already crushing it in points and don’t need to try too much/give too much on days like last night. I get it. It’s smart.

the thing is - I like this. The Caps when on normal rest can keep up with anyone and can fly/win games by scoring 4 or 5 goals. They have that in them.

Last night was a night they needed to probably grind out, have shorter shifts, and win a low scoring lazy game..... and they did. They were a fluke/rookie mistake away of a shutout.

I like seeing that. This team is showing they can win if they need to score a lot - and if they aren’t scoring - they can win by giving up 1 or so goals too. Complete package.

Most teams in the nhl cannot win if they don’t play well. Caps are winning without playing well. That’s scary for the rest of the league.

if they keep crushing then I say in start of new year they even rest Ovi, Backstrom, and Oshie from time to time on back to backs. There’s only four back to backs Jan until end of season. Keep the older guys rested. Our depth is proving to be able to crush it still (as we are seeing with Backstrom), and the more 100% they are going into playoffs, the better.

Until playoffs star, this team is in preseason mode. Simple as that. Winning isn’t going to be a problem for the Caps as they’re deep at every position and have best top end talent possibly in nhl with their top forwards, best defender in nhl right now, and two great goalies. It’s all about playoffs. Just get there as 100% as possible.

Well said. The Caps can beat you in so many different ways.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

OviGreat8

Dec 5, 2019
Bel Air, MD
Hey Caps fan. I'm new here. My name is Natalie and my co-worker who joined here yesterday told me about this place. I'm a huge Caps fan and look forward to chatting during the games with everyone. I thoroughly enjoyed last evening games and especially John Carlson and Samsonov was brilliant as well. Back to work now. Chat with you all later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->