Post-Game Talk: caps isles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
We must be one of the worst 6 on 5 teams in the league. We rarely even sniff a goal. Just don’t move the puck well enough.

Reactions: calicapsfan

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I’m shocked we didnt give up ENG.

At least Pens lost tonite. That’s nice.

Also, good to see that Colorado was in action tonite. We won’t be the only tired squad tomorrow.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Rangers got a point and heading to a shootout. Pavelec with 44 saves on 45 shots through OT. :eek:
I’m shocked we didnt give up ENG.

At least Pens lost tonite. That’s nice.

Also, good to see that Colorado was in action tonite. We won’t be the only tired squad tomorrow.
We better beat that frikin' team this time.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I'd give Ovie a +. He put 6 shots on Halak and was only a -1. He didn't skating legs of the past couple of games, but who did?
Yah but he was back to Fumblestiltskin again with the puck. Plus he didn’t bury the Grade A. Let’s compromise — neither a plus nor a minus. Just meh. Still ❤️ him, though.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Meh. Looks like Rangers got the SO win.

EDIT: NHL.com sucks so much. Shows Rangers 2-1, but in fact, Stars take it on the Spezza shootout winner. You know this league is amateur hour when I have to go to ESPN for accurate hockey info.

Still, the loser point knocks Pit out of the wild card for the moment.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
We must be one of the worst 6 on 5 teams in the league. We rarely even sniff a goal. Just don’t move the puck well enough.
We try to get too cute. 6 on 5 you need to throw pucks at the net and get lots of traffic. Backstrom turned the puck over on a drop pass between his legs. Not a good decision.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
They will not win every game so how can we really be mad? Only negative is it was a Metro team.

They are 7-3 in their last ten, all regulation wins, I can live with that.

Could have been much worse night but the Pens lost and the Rangers only get a point.

Oh and good on Barry to get Holtby out of there as now he can face Varlamov tomorrow night.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
They will not win every game so how can we really be mad? Only negative is it was a Metro team.

They are 7-3 in their last ten, all regulation wins, I can live with that.

Could have been much worse night but the Pens lost and the Rangers only get a point.

Oh and good on Barry to get Holtby out of there as now he can face Varlamov tomorrow night.
Just disappointed in how the team played. We had some bad breakdowns in our end.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Other Metro teams picked a good time to lose. Rags lost in SO against the Stars, Pens lost in regulation vs the Avs. We're now behind the Isles, and both NJ and NYR can pass us with the games that they have in hand. Pens are 2 points behind and we have a game in hand over them.

The race to the playoffs is crazy. It would be amazing if all 5 Metro teams currently in a playoff spot managed to keep the Penguins out.

Reactions: ovikovy817

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
So if the new arena wont be ready in 3 years then where are they supposed to play in the meantime? And what about the horses? :cry:

Isles brass are hoping that if the they win the bid, the arena will be built in 20 months, making it ready for the 2019-2020 season.

Barclay Center for the 2018-2019 season has already been confirmed.

If the Arena isn't ready in for Oct. 2019 than Nassau Coliseum for one year or Barclay's Center for another year would be most likely. Barclays and Nassau are owned by the same people.

Reactions: brachyrynchos

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Games like this are why we are and have been a "bubble team" this year. We're going to be inconsistent. We'll look like world-beaters one night and duds the next. Especially if playing well gets some attention from opponents who buckle down and raise their game at a time when we start to get comfortable and believe our own hype.

This has always been a team that relies on confidence momentum, but paradoxically loses that momentum as confidence turns to complacency. You can't win them all but you can at least look like you're trying to.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
It was one game. On the road, against a good team. I would've started Grubauer from the onset, as he's good at keeping the team focused in front of him, and then Holtby on the B2B.

But whatever. It didnt happen. Tonite will be the real test. If they come back and smash Colorado, then the Isles game was a blip. If they lay an egg tonite, then its a bad sign.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Games like this are why we are and have been a "bubble team" this year. We're going to be inconsistent. We'll look like world-beaters one night and duds the next. Especially if playing well gets some attention from opponents who buckle down and raise their game at a time when we start to get comfortable and believe our own hype.

This has always been a team that relies on confidence momentum, but paradoxically loses that momentum as confidence turns to complacency. You can't win them all but you can at least look like you're trying to.

We were on a 4 game winning streak and the Isles were on a 3 game losing streak. We were due for a loss and they were due for a win. Voilà. I'm happy we caught up to them in the standings over the past two weeks. We were 8 points behind them.

Reactions: Ridley Simon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad