Post-Game Talk: Caps Islanders 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Let’s say he goes on a 10 goals in 10 game run. 3 two goal games and 4 one goal games in a ten game span would do it.

That’d leave him 17 games to score 8 goals. Two two goal games and 4 one goal games would do that.

So, 5 two goal games and 8 one goal games. He’d only need to score in 13 of the 27 remaining games.
This is a plausible route as well. The bottom line is that he needs multiple goals games. Unfortunately, he hasn’t had much luck with empty netters this season, and he often plays a decoy on PP by moving away from the office. So, it’s going to be tougher for him to break 30 this time, but, of course, we still believe in him.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
I'd go and trade Siege for a good forward at the trade deadline but we are set for playoffs.

Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Wilson
Vrana-Backstrom-Sprong
Panik/Sheary-Eller-Oshie
Hagelin-Dowd-Hathaway

Dillon-Carlson
Orlov-Schiltz
Chara-Jensen
TVR

Samsonov
Vanacek

Running a rookie and barely sophomore goalie neither of whom is top 30 save % is a little generous for "set". And by a little I mean we're probably gonna get Halak'd even if the skaters are firing on all cylinders

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
I’d say a rotation of Sprong/Sheary/Panik? Maybe even Hathaway or Hagelin. Give guys a game off, rotate them in. Lots of hockey in a short period of time so some rest would be in order.

but honestly it could be Eller sitting if he’s still injured. Then we are looking at Oshie at C again most likely.

Actually just realized we should probably hold Wilson out until the playoffs if everyone else is healthy and the team is rolling the way it is. f*** risking a yearlong suspension because of this stupid league. The more time we can put between them the better.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Wow!

That was highly well structured win over highly well structured Islanders team.

How they come out of pressure from their own end. NICE! Couple little moves and out from the center -> to the offence.

Ovie goal was just sexy. Standing 90 seconds still on the corner and when they let him stand there for five seconds two steps down the point and BOOM.

Sammy kept us in for the first and team took over. Is there anything we can doom and gloom today? Feels weird.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Running a rookie and barely sophomore goalie neither of whom is top 30 save % is a little generous for "set". And by a little I mean we're probably gonna get Halak'd even if the skaters are firing on all cylinders

Nothing is set with the goalies. That said, if the goalies run to the finish as they are playing now, then I would expect MacLellan to stand pat. Samsonov has his early soft run of games already. His average will be damaged by that all season but MacLellan wont be using those early games as a determiner. Vanecek has better numbers than Rask right now.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Great game from Sammy, saved the game in the 1st, team took over the rest of the way, great last 40

And since when do the Caps EVER get a PPG in the 1st minute of a period? Aisles D were asleep at the wheel, they had no clue 19 slipped behind, lol

When we're good, we're good. Look as good as any team out there
Great run, I guess next game will be the trap game now (unless we win that one)

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Its not bold to predict an inconsistent player like Kuzy will start producing again.

It is when the prevailing "wisdom" was that he's a bum, doesn't care and needs to be shipped out immediately.

Anything said to the contrary, including fairly detailed statistical evidence, was shouted down by a mob acting like a pack of screeching howler monkeys. :D

For the record, I love you guys. ;)

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
It is when the prevailing "wisdom" was that he's a bum, doesn't care and needs to be shipped out immediately.

Anything said to the contrary, including fairly detailed statistical evidence, was shouted down by a mob acting like a pack of screeching howler monkeys. :D

I see.

I just avoid the mob of howler monkeys... although it annoyed me when they were going after Ovie earlier this year. I mean how many times does he have to teach them?!?!?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

If only that were true....I bet if you took count, like 4 people said they were done with him, and some more were open to a good hockey trade.

I hate to see the false narrative that fans wanting more out of an inconsistent player are somehow unreasonable or hating on a player.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
If only that were true....I bet if you took count, like 4 people said they were done with him, and some more were open to a good hockey trade.

I hate to see the false narrative that fans wanting more out of an inconsistent player are somehow unreasonable or hating on a player.

Lol. Almost every time the Caps fall behind in a game, there is a legendary meltdown. This guy sucks! Trade this bum! Trade everyone! Fire the coach! Etc.

This place is certifiably insane. It's literally a madhouse. Which is why I love it. :naughty:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Lol. Almost every time the Caps fall behind in a game, there is a legendary meltdown. This guy sucks! Trade this bum! Trade everyone! Fire the coach! Etc.

This place is certifiably insane. It's literally a madhouse. Which is why I love it. :naughty:

you also have to read the room....3-5 reactionary (and sometimes not wrong) posters isn’t “this place”....

I can’t recall the last “legendary meltdown” on the Caps board honestly....after a playoff series loss maybe? Dunno...

Reactions: Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad