Post-Game Talk: Caps Islanders 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I never watch the post game show, but I missed the 2nd period so I wanted to see the goals I missed, half an hour they don’t show the goals, WTF

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
On another note, the discipline shown by Panik and others by not retaliating on Mayfield led to a PP and Backstrom's goal.

Tom Wilson should take some notes on not allowing goons from the other team to goad him into a sideshow that will put the team at a disadvantage.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Stats like these are always misleading. Basically every player is going to have a great record when they record a point, because of selection bias. All it's basically saying is that "The Capitals do well when their players do a good thing"

The Capitals are 1276-0 when they outscore the opposition.

Its a pretty remarkable streak really, kinda unprecedented.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
ovi.jpg

No, but I did see that Chara had the Samual L Jackson look out tonight

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
He’s the type of player that if you haven’t played a ton of hockey you don’t really appreciate what he does. But those of us who have played are able to pick up on it. All the little passes to get out of the zone, the board play and puck protection, the surveying of the ice right before you get the puck so you can move it right away, the times he doesn’t make a pass because it’s not a smart play. He is a coach’s dream.

The calm puck control in tight spaces with players seemingly within reach of him. He just pulls the puck back 6 inches and then passes.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Crazy how playing Kuznetsov in the third period instead of benching him leads to shutting down the other team by keeping the puck in the other team's zone.

Also this is where I say that Kuznetsov has been playing this well pretty much all season, except now he is getting points.

You will probably not get full credit for your position until after you die (hopefully in 75 years or so) but at your eulogy I will stand up and say "Twabby was right all along".

:)

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Who sits after Wilson comes back? We need to let Sprong ride this heater out, developing him could be massive for keeping the team more competitive than it has any business being in the coming years.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Who sits after Wilson comes back? We need to let Sprong ride this heater out, developing him could be massive for keeping the team more competitive than it has any business being in the coming years.
I’d say a rotation of Sprong/Sheary/Panik? Maybe even Hathaway or Hagelin. Give guys a game off, rotate them in. Lots of hockey in a short period of time so some rest would be in order.

but honestly it could be Eller sitting if he’s still injured. Then we are looking at Oshie at C again most likely.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I think it is less about who sits and more about who earns playing time. Someone has to sit so fight to stay in the lineup. I doubt we do anything to break up fourth line unless they go downhill quick. We count on that line to do the dirty (or as my Indian friends say, “do the needful”.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
On another note, the discipline shown by Panik and others by not retaliating on Mayfield led to a PP and Backstrom's goal.

Tom Wilson should take some notes on not allowing goons from the other team to goad him into a sideshow that will put the team at a disadvantage.

Panik drew two penalties.

Didn’t get any points so obviously he played poorly. :sarcasm:

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
He needs to start scoring multiple goals (including hattricks) to continue the streak. Amazingly, Ovi scored more than one goal only once thus far.

Let’s say he goes on a 10 goals in 10 game run. 3 two goal games and 4 one goal games in a ten game span would do it.

That’d leave him 17 games to score 8 goals. Two two goal games and 4 one goal games would do that.

So, 5 two goal games and 8 one goal games. He’d only need to score in 13 of the 27 remaining games.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
I'd go and trade Siege for a good forward at the trade deadline but we are set for playoffs.

Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Wilson
Vrana-Backstrom-Sprong
Panik/Sheary-Eller-Oshie
Hagelin-Dowd-Hathaway

Dillon-Carlson
Orlov-Schiltz
Chara-Jensen
TVR

Samsonov
Vanacek

Status
Not open for further replies.