Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 "Season" Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Washington Capitals' started by Calicaps, Mar 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melkor Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    No. Panik can be dealt with by including a couple of draft picks in separate trade. Vrana for a UFA whoever is not a fair deal by any stretch of imagination. Unles as was mentioned they have a principled agreement on an extension with Hall before trading for him, they shouldn't touch that deal.

2. Misery74 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I don’t disagree. We can’t afford Hall beyond this year. If we were to acquire him, it would only be for one run.

I do think we are going to have to shed salary this offseason. I think Vrana and Panik for Hall is a lot to pay. But we would get it me really good run at a Cup, and use Vrana’s value to help solve some cap issues.

3. txpd Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Photographer
    Platoon? Holtby and Grubauer platooned? No. They didnt. Holtby played them all save for the first 2. Allen didnt play 30 mins in the Blues playoff run. Murray started 21 on 2016 playoffs. I dont see a trend of playoff platooning

McVechkin likes this.
  4. AlexBrovechkin8 Playoff chokers, they said.

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Saying Columbus wouldn't trade Foligno for Vrana because Vrana is Laine-lite and Torts wouldn't like him is a head-scratching take, to put it lightly. Columbus would drive Foligno to the airport and make sure he got on the plane if Vrana was offered up for him. Foligno is 33 and on a significant downswing. Columbus as a team is depleted of assets because of the trades JK made a few years ago and their recent losses in FA. They're in no man's land; they aren't good enough to compete but aren't terrible enough to suck their way into the lotto and they'll likely need a new coach next season. Vrana is inconsistent but he's significantly more valuable both on the ice and as an asset than Foligno. It's not even close either. And it's exactly the kind of move a team like Columbus would be wise to make. They flip an aging player who will likely be out of the NHL within the next two years for a 25-year old top six forward with 30-goal talent and speed to burn. I honestly don't really understand why this is even a conversation or why you think Columbus wouldn't do this.

To answer your last point, the other team would do this because Vrana is better and younger than Foligno and a much more valuable asset.

5. Barry Amsterdam Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 10,000
    toss in vrana for hall at 50%

6. Barry Amsterdam Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 10,000
    Ovi Kuz Oshie
    Hall Backstrom Wilson?

oh baby

illicit likes this.
  7. AussieCapsFan Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Tech Consultant
    Well you explained it and I appreciate that. It does make more sense now :thumbu:

8. Calicaps NFA

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    editor
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.