Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 "Season" Pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
If we are talking about trading Vrana to the Jackets I would trade Vrana for Seth Jones in a heartbeat
Columbus doesn’t have any centers. You can bet if they are trading Jones, they expect a 1c in return. That would mean Kuznetsov.

I am of the opinion we need to make a move before end of day Monday. Panik needs to be moved either first, or in the deal. BMac overplayed his hand by handing out 4 year deals, this is the worst of them. Followed by Dillon.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I assume this is just a cap space move ahead of the deadline, though I don't know how much space it will actually bank them. Almost no chance Panik will be claimed.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I assume this is just a cap space move ahead of the deadline, though I don't know how much space it will actually bank them. Almost no chance Panik will be claimed.

Supposedly a little over a million.

Words can also not describe how disappointed I'll be if they ship out Vrana.

Reactions: HecticGlow

Jun 15, 2007
If Vrana is dealt it will be off-season. I can't fathom how stupid it would be to deal him right now. Yeah he's playing like trash right now but he only makes 3.5m. He isn't paid to be a difference maker. Next year when he wants 5m+ is a different story.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
The awfulness of this signing was apparent at the time, and has only grown worse. He is a PTO player making $2.75m for 2 more years. We are only moving him by attaching a high pick or decent prospect.
Why? If he clears waivers he can go to Hershey and off the cap. Who cares about his salary, Thats Teds money. Didnt the Habs pay Alzner 5mill for years to play in the AHL

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Why? If he clears waivers he can go to Hershey and off the cap. Who cares about his salary, Thats Teds money. Didnt the Habs pay Alzner 5mill for years to play in the AHL
I don’t think that’s how waivers works. I could be wrong, but I don’t believe we can bury his salary in Hershey.

He can play in Hershey, but still count against our cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->