Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 "Season" Pt. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Well, Kuzy has at varying times been an NHL roster player, high draft pick, and top prospect - so Kuzy for PLD should be fine.
How could Lebrun be correct that Caps reached out to CBJ if C-Bus is on Kuzay's no trade list. That does not make sense.
Of course, Lebrun could be wrong. Could be CBJ feeding him bull to up the price.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Adding PLD would be a nightmare for the salary cap. I’d suspect he wants some big money after his 2 year contract ends

You would think that 2 years fit the Caps win now window though. After that 2 years, a lot of contracts will be done for the Caps.

Edit: actually its just Kempny, Schultz, Copley, Vanecek after checking for that year.

Last edited:
Reactions: um

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
You would think that 2 years fit the Caps win now window though. After that 2 years, a lot of contracts will be done for the Caps.

Edit: actually its just Kempny, Schultz, Copley, Vanecek after checking for that year.
Man that second year of Schultz could really hurt...

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Well, Kuzy has at varying times been an NHL roster player, high draft pick, and top prospect - so Kuzy for PLD should be fine.
How could Lebrun be correct that Caps reached out to CBJ if C-Bus is on Kuzay's no trade list. That does not make sense.
Of course, Lebrun could be wrong. Could be CBJ feeding him bull to up the price.

2 things. 1 MacLellan could have asked talked to CBJ about assets other than Kuzy. 2. The way I understand it, those no trade lists are only presented upon request as they could change month to month. When Kuzy signed his current deal CBJ might have sucked and now they might be a contender. Things change

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
2 things. 1 MacLellan could have asked talked to CBJ about assets other than Kuzy. 2. The way I understand it, those no trade lists are only presented upon request as they could change month to month. When Kuzy signed his current deal CBJ might have sucked and now they might be a contender. Things change

The deadline to submit no trade lists for the 2020-21 season was back in September. (Sept 1 with an update allowed on Sept 15 because of the MOU that was agreed upon with the return to play)

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The deadline to submit no trade lists for the 2020-21 season was back in September. (Sept 1 with an update allowed on Sept 15 because of the MOU that was agreed upon with the return to play)

I just recall on numerous occasions nearing the trade deadline reading about players being asked for their list

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Yeah plus you have to factor in an Ovechkin and Vrana raise and the cap ramifications from COVID.

That’s a future problem though so if they think it helps in the short term, I’m all for it. Would be a tough sell though to trade those guys in division

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Uh, yeah. Sign me up for PLD.

I'd say he's in the Eller mold - obviously a better version of it - of puck-possession guys who can cycle down low. Thus, some here may not be happy to bring him on board.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I don’t see a package that the Caps could offer that makes sense for them and CBJ. Fun to think about though.

If I was Columbus I’d ask for Vrana + Eller + 1st.

That or Vrana + Jensen/Hagelin/Panik (for Cap reasons) + 1st + B prospect.

but i doubt Vrana is the best player they can get, so I’m not optimistic.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
It would have to be Kuznetsov. They need centers. Badly, when they deal DuBois.

and again, I’d pass on him. Bad attitudes don’t generally ever go away. They certainly subside. But his “give a shit” meter broke the other night. That’s unprofessional and unacceptable.

taints him for me. You don’t want to play for the team? Then hold out. Don’t sign a 5m a year deal and then loaf it. (And that was REALLY loafing it, let’s not compare that effort to any one Caps player..., there’s uninspired and then there is abjectly not trying. Milbury or Cherry must’ve been spinning their heads and breathing fire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad