Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 Off-Season Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017

he's got like 1 thing right before so don't know how legit it is, but if it is I was wondering how dillon played last year and what you guys would look for in return?

What is Stasnys contract look like?

This could trigger a Kuznetsov trade.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

I don't really associate Dillon with offense but he's not a tire fire. Penalties are his biggest issue.

Reactions: gojetsgo

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

he's got like 1 thing right before so don't know how legit it is, but if it is I was wondering how dillon played last year and what you guys would look for in return?

Dillon is a land of contrasts IMO. If paired with Demelo I’d expect a very effective defensive pairing, which I imagine would be welcome news in Winnipeg. He’s not really capable of carrying an irresponsible partner IMO, but Demelo is solid.

The Capitals likely wouldn’t be asking for much. They need cap space so Winnipeg probably wouldn’t need to give up much. Honestly it’s a sensible destination for Dillon.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Maybe getting out of the Dillon contract now is wise but man after Orlov we got Kempny and two rookies down the left side. I’d much rather ship off Schultz, but so be it. Sink or swim for Fever and AA

Reactions: Liam Smith

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005

If you’ve read the past few pages you’ll notice that very few of us see this team the same wa so I imagine you could get a lot of different answers to this question. Personally, I think Dillon has been great and that he’s a bargain at $3.9m. But…GMBM was hoping to shed either his, or Justin Schultz’ salary through the expansion draft. Seattle took Vanacek instead. And now unfortunately the Caps don’t have much negotiating power because the whole league knows we need to shed salary to afford to pay Ovechkin.

So the answer for “how much will it cost”, is probably “more than anyone else offers for Dillon/Schultz” - and possibly soon.

I’d be satisfied with a 2nd but that might be overly ambitious.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
If you’ve read the past few pages you’ll notice that very few of us see this team the same wa so I imagine you could get a lot of different answers to this question. Personally, I think Dillon has been great and that he’s a bargain at $3.9m. But…GMBM was hoping to shed either his, or Justin Schultz’ salary through the expansion draft. Seattle took Vanacek instead. And now unfortunately the Caps don’t have much negotiating power because the whole league knows we need to shed salary to afford to pay Ovechkin.

So the answer for “how much will it cost”, is probably “more than anyone else offers for Dillon/Schultz” - and possibly soon.

looks like you under shot

Reactions: SDBondra

Jun 15, 2007

You mean you want the Jets to give us their 2nd?

I'll be thrilled if we dont pay anything tbh. Any actual return is a big win for us.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Wouldn't be surprised if they end up bundling one of those seconds to dump someone else. Also wonder if a Chara return on the cheap doesn't happen.

Reactions: Misery74

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
2 2nds for Dillon. I like it. Good job GMBM. If we move Kempny, that might be enough (unless we want more space to get a FA of our own)

Reactions: SDBondra

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Maybe getting out of the Dillon contract now is wise but man after Orlov we got Kempny and two rookies down the left side. I’d much rather ship off Schultz, but so be it. Sink or swim for Fever and AA

I’m somewhat with you, but if the Capitals acquire a significant upgrade elsewhere on the roster I’d be willing to part with Dillon.

Agreed wholeheartedly that Schultz should be the first to go. There’s really no excuse not to get rid of Schultz, given how palatable a buyout would be if a trade doesn’t materialize and the fact that TVR and Jensen are more than capable second/third pair options.

Edit: welp!

Reactions: Hivemind
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->