Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 Off-Season Pt. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
I'm just trying to understand why the Broad Street Bullies 2.0 of the NHL desperately need a lead footed shit shoveler in their top 4 while a team with a Grzelcyk-McAvoy/Reilly-Carlo top 4 breezed by against the anointed biggest toughest team in the league. Forgive me my hockey knowledge is not as far reaching as yours.

Also how do we get these magical players other teams have who play with serious injuries that don't impact their performance and needs on the ice whatsoever? And when did this guy become a model of consistency and composure?

tuukka+rask+stick+05.gif
There was video of him doing that too at kettler for a Bruins practice before a game lol

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Pass on Rask, pass on Vladi. Chasing big name guys isn’t going to work with our cap issues. It’s pushing deck chairs around. We need small contract guys who overperform if we are going to do anything. That includes guys we already have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Calicaps

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Reactions: Rayquaza64

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
31 Thoughts: Where NHL's Olympic participation stands as off-season begins (sportsnet.ca)

Another center (and former Knight) to consider, although with ARI's lack of a first rounder that makes more of a fit for a CBJ/MIN with picks to spare.

Kuznetsov might interest them if he waives. Not sure he would waive but his salary is pretty low after july 1st bonus and he only makes 5m the year after before jumping back up to 8m.

Still a big downgrade for the Caps but atleast that brings back a center. I'm not sure Kuz would waive though.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Kuznetsov might interest them if he waives. Not sure he would waive but his salary is pretty low after july 1st bonus and he only makes 5m the year after before jumping back up to 8m.

Still a big downgrade for the Caps but atleast that brings back a center. I'm not sure Kuz would waive though.

Dvorak is a clear downgrade on good Kuzy, but the Caps arent going to trade good Kuzy. They ditching Kuzy doesn't care. Is Dvorak really a downgrade over Kuzy doesn't care?

I doubt Kuzy waives for Arizone but the Caps can trade him somewhere he will go and then spend from their basket of assets to get Dvorak in a second deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->