Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019 Offseason Pt. 2: The BMac Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
There isn't a single person on this list I want that isn't named Erik Karlsson and I don't even want him at the price he will command.

Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Try and keep Connelly, he is a nice fit in D.C. If not let Malenstyn, Pinho or Gersich have a chance.

Ovechkin/Backstrom/Wilson
Vrana/Kuzy/Oshie
Connelly/Eller/?
Boyd/Stephenson/Hagelin/Dowd

That is an above average top nine and a decent 4th line.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
No but Mack always gets someone we don't expect. I'm going to guess Zucker.

Now this is someone I can get on board with. Great player, plays balls out every shift, scores goals, great guy in the community. As long as it doesn't cost Alexeyev or Fehrevery I'm down.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
No but Mack always gets someone we don't expect. I'm going to guess Zucker.

But what if he gets panarin since we dont think he is gonna get panarin and like you said he gets people we dont expect and since we dont expect panarin, he gets panarin haha

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Now this is someone I can get on board with. Great player, plays balls out every shift, scores goals, great guy in the community. As long as it doesn't cost Alexeyev or Fehrevery I'm down.

Minnesota almost traded Zucker twice — once to Calgary during the season and once in May for Kessel, who nixed the deal — and it’s safe to say the writing is most certainly on the wall. The Wild plan on moving him as they continue to makeover their roster.

Off-Season Trade Watch: Top 30 — The Fourth Period

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
Any chance for zuccarello if we let connolly walk? or is he gonna command way too much?

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Alright, pipe dream team I hashed out on Cap Friendly.

Trade (this is what I cooked up to get Zucker and some retained, no clue as to if Minn would bite, I would sweeten the pot with more picks if needed):
Burakovsky (rights)
Johansen
2019 2nd
2020 1st

Recieve:
Jason Zucker (Minn retains 1.1 million)

Trade:
Copley

Receive:
SJS 2019 5th round pick

Sign:
Vrana $3.5 over 3 years
Djoos $1 million over 2 years
Connolly $2 million over 2 year

Roster:

OV- Kuzy-Wilson
Zucker-Backstrom-Vrana
Hagelin-Eller-Oshie
Boyd-Dowd-Connolly

Orlov-Carlson
Kempny-Gudas
Dojos-Jensen
Siegenthaler​

Holtby
Samsonov​

Reactions: RandyHolt

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Trade (this is what I cooked up to get Zucker and some retained, no clue as to if Minn would bite, I would sweeten the pot with more picks if needed):
Burakovsky (rights)
Johansen
2019 2nd
2020 1st

Recieve:

Trade:
Copley

Receive:
SJS 2019 5th round pick

Sign:
Vrana $3.5 over 3 years

Roster:

OV- Kuzy-Wilson
Zucker-Backstrom-Vrana
Hagelin-Eller-Oshie
Boyd-Dowd-Connolly

Orlov-Carlson
Kempny-Gudas
Dojos-Jensen
Siegenthaler​

Holtby
Samsonov​

This is probably $16-21mm less than Connolly will command on the open market... zero chance that would happen.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
lmao what? That's less the half of the AAV and half the term (or less) than Connolly is going to command
Let me rephrase.

$2 million a year for 2 years.

It would be a discount, but honestly my priority was getting Zucker.

I don't see any team paying Connolly over $3.5 million.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
This is probably $16-21mm less than Connolly will command on the open market... zero chance that would happen.
He will not get over $3.5

He's a guy who is 27 and he nearly doubled his career high points this season, it's unfeasible to expect that to be the new norm. He's realistically a 25 point guy, his entire career points to that being who he is and I don't think you'll find many teams willing to dish out significant dollars for that.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004

Burakovsky (rights)
Johansen
2019 2nd
2020 1st

Recieve:

Trade:
Copley

Receive:
SJS 2019 5th round pick

Sign:
Vrana $3.5 over 3 years

Roster:

OV- Kuzy-Wilson
Zucker-Backstrom-Vrana
Hagelin-Eller-Oshie
Boyd-Dowd-Connolly

Orlov-Carlson
Kempny-Gudas
Dojos-Jensen
Siegenthaler​

Holtby
Samsonov​
That would be the most they’ve traded for a player since Oates beating out Erat

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
That would be the most they’ve traded for a player since Oates beating out Erat

Zucker would be the best player we've acquired via trade since Oates, so that fits...

Bura is just rights so I don't think that alone gets you much, LuJo is a valued prospect in a crowded depth chart, I still think Zucker commands more though if we ask for retention so I dropped in a few picks.

I think Zucker is the most criminally underrated player in the NHL.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Truthfully if you acquire Zucker, Connolly becomes expendable so his contract is irrelevant. Might actually be nice to have one spot for the boys in Hershey to fight over, maybe even bait Barber into staying.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Zucker would be the best player we've acquired via trade since Oates, so that fits...

Bura is just rights so I don't think that alone gets you much, LuJo is a valued prospect in a crowded depth chart, I still think Zucker commands more though if we ask for retention so I dropped in a few picks.

I think Zucker is the most criminally underrated player in the NHL.
I’d take Oshie but they brought him to be top 6, here you trade a package that brings in anyone available at the deadline for a guy you bring in to be a 3rd liner.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I’d take Oshie but they brought him to be top 6, here you trade a package that brings in anyone available at the deadline for a guy you bring in to be a 3rd liner.

This is a TDL package? We got Shattenkirk for only for a first and second.

Zucker has 4 more years on his deal, why is that less valuable than some TDL pickup that you lose in like 3 months?

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Is that motherzucker fast? 2LW slot in the lineup? If he's as good as some think why would Minny trade him on such a cheap contract? Potentially money is there though.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

He's a guy who is 27 and he nearly doubled his career high points this season, it's unfeasible to expect that to be the new norm. He's realistically a 25 point guy, his entire career points to that being who he is and I don't think you'll find many teams willing to dish out significant dollars for that.

Conversely, he is a guy who is only 27, is a former 6th overall pick, and has scored 15 goals the past three seasons. He's also a Stanley Cup champion. I'd be surprised if he comes in less than $16mm on this next contract.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

This is going to be fun to quote in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->