Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019-20 Season Pt. 6: 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Also, I fully expect Kuznetsov to have peaked. He's 28 now, and has been getting all the resources he needs to succeed (PP1 time, great wingers, etc). At this juncture, he's an up-and-down player who can dominate at times and then be a liability at others. He may have more bright patches ahead (and hopefully some of those during playoff runs), but I have no expectation of him blossoming into a Hart-trophy candidate or even a franchise player.

Unfortunately I think your right. Still a valuable asset, don't get me wrong, but I think we have what we are going to have. Although Ovie did change his game to be a better team player, maybe Kuzy can do that too.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
That Cup run may end up being Kuznetsov's peak but there's still mental areas where he ought to be able to make strides if fully dedicated. It's anyone's guess whether that maturity comes the next few years but conceivably he could become a smarter, more detail-oriented, responsible and consistent player. That alone could offset becoming physically older, although I also worry a bit about whether he'll be durable in his early to mid-30s.

itsjustsurvival

These are my last, last words
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
That Cup run may end up being Kuznetsov's peak but there's still mental areas where he ought to be able to make strides if fully dedicated. It's anyone's guess whether that maturity comes the next few years but conceivably he could become a smarter, more detail-oriented, responsible and consistent player. That alone could offset becoming physically older, although I also worry a bit about whether he'll be durable in his early to mid-30s.

I just want to see him shoot like he did in the Cup Run. He was so dangerous.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
alex-ovechkin-jersey-comment.jpg

They should bring back the White Screaming Eagle threads for a home game next season. I would instantly buy an Oshie or Wilson jersey, they'd be glorious.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
alex-ovechkin-jersey-comment.jpg

They should bring back the White Screaming Eagle threads for a home game next season. I would instantly buy an Oshie or Wilson jersey, they'd be glorious.

OMG, NO!!!! Those Wizards style colors were aweful. There was no red at all. The team's identity is red except for that period where they lost their way. NO

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

IMO Kuzy is professionally satisfied. As opposed to say, Ov and Backstrom.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Unfortunately I think your right. Still a valuable asset, don't get me wrong, but I think we have what we are going to have. Although Ovie did change his game to be a better team player, maybe Kuzy can do that too.

Kuzy's problem isn't his game.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
OMG, NO!!!! Those Wizards style colors were aweful. There was no red at all. The team's identity is red except for that period where they lost their way. NO
Oh stop. For a few games? They absolutely should do it. Means more types of merchandise to sell, and with the lack of gate revenue, they could use merchandise.

ur being a tad silly?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Given how serious the COVID concerns are in Sweden, and particularly Stockholm, right now, I'm not sure AJF would be able to return without some sort of 14+ day quarantine period prior to camp.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Oh stop. For a few games? They absolutely should do it. Means more types of merchandise to sell, and with the lack of gate revenue, they could use merchandise.

ur being a tad silly?

2 points. The Capitals are a red team. When you come in the arena you should be able to recognize which team is which. I remember when Atlanta called its place "blue land" and their alternate jerseys were red. That's silly. Secondly the white unis are road jerseys now.

Oh, I hold a grudge and don't need to be reminded.
jaromir-jagr-washington-capitals.jpg

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
2 points. The Capitals are a red team. When you come in the arena you should be able to recognize which team is which. I remember when Atlanta called its place "blue land" and their alternate jerseys were red. That's silly. Secondly the white unis are road jerseys now.

I think they should bring back Black homes and Blue Homes.

lots of teams had other color jerseys and use them.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

How dare you even post that garbage!?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Given how serious the COVID concerns are in Sweden, and particularly Stockholm, right now, I'm not sure AJF would be able to return without some sort of 14+ day quarantine period prior to camp.

It’s May 29, but thanks for the emergency alert.....

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Yes please. Lets bring back the Jolly Roger Pens jerseys. Thank god it will never happen
Lol. Have you seen the other teams jerseys that come back? You think the Black Dome is bad compared to those??

insane.

we can agree to disagree. I loved the Black Domers and bronze numbers and letters.

nothing like the Pens. I guess the Bruins are like the Pens to? Black and yellow and all

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Lol. Have you seen the other teams jerseys that come back? You think the Black Dome is bad compared to those??

insane.

we can agree to disagree. I loved the Black Domers and bronze numbers and letters.

nothing like the Pens. I guess the Bruins are like the Pens to? Black and yellow and all

Most alternates are terrible. For the Caps their red/white throwbacks work Can you imagine the Flyers in blue? The Bruins in orange? The Caps are a red white and blue team. So long as the Caps use their retros that their currents are based on, I am good. The blue unis they wore at Annapolis didn't look like the Caps. Rock the black?

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
It's not that big of a deal. Ovechkin posted a comment about wanting the jerseys back and the organization would make a good amount of money from merch sales. One game of White/Blue/Gold & a crowd wearing red is not the end of the world, txpd.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
See? How cool would that be to see all of them in one season. Add the white retro, white current, and Blue Eagles.

I want ALL of it.

You know my hobby. Why wouldn’t I want that? 7 different game worns of 43/74/77 etc etc

stop being a wet blanket. We aren’t wanting a new home/road jersey color. Just a game or 2 a season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad