Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019-20 Season Pt. 1: Drop. The. Puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Cool opinions. I will also take the time to share your opinion of Alexander Ovechkin with the group.

And your comparison between him and that punk Foegele

Just because nobody liked you in the Canes forum while you actively rooted for them against the Capitals last year doesn't mean you get to hop the fence and annoy us here. Go away. Or as the Canes fans said:

f41442b317d78c828dad9a79948c100d.gif

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Cool opinions. I will also take the time to share your opinion of Alexander Ovechkin with the group.

And your comparison between him and that punk Foegele

Just because nobody liked you in the Canes forum while you actively rooted for them against the Capitals last year doesn't mean you get to hop the fence and annoy us here. Go away. Or as the Canes fans said:
My5Z2DO.gif

mic.gif

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
I remember someone very vocal here said that Nick Jenesen was a bad player on Detroit team. I just checked the stats, he played top minutes vs Kucherov, P. Kane, McDavid, Crosby etc. and finished second best D in GF%. He actually was the shutdown defenseman in Detroit and a very good one.

Orlov-Jensen pair doesn’t work now. I do not agree that it is 100% Jensen's fault.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I remember someone very vocal here said that Nick Jenesen was a bad player on Detroit team. I just checked the stats, he played top minutes vs Kucherov, P. Kane, McDavid, Crosby etc. and finished second best D in GF%. He actually was the shutdown defenseman in Detroit and a very good one.

Orlov-Jensen pair doesn’t work now. I do not agree that it is 100% Jensen's fault.
But, but he watched all the games. ALL THE GAMES!

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I was hoping it would be Jensen or Sieg but right now it’s Carlson, and so many forwards have contributed defensively. Caps have the 3rd highest cap hit for forwards so they should be asked to do more, plus they’re missing a top pair guy in Kempny, maybe a factor in Stephenson playing every game. I think Fehervary can be that shutdown guy from the skating, physicality, reach and coaching.
Is Kempny really s top pair dman? It wasn't long ago that he was a healthy scratch for the Blackhawks. He is there because of a lack of better options.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Who would people here want as their choice for top six D? Not guys the Caps don't have but among guys in the system.

I go Carlson, Kempny, Orlov, Fehrevary, Gudas, Jensen. I also look at giving Nardella a shot if Jensen or Fehrevary falter.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I was hoping it would be Jensen or Sieg but right now it’s Carlson, and so many forwards have contributed defensively. Caps have the 3rd highest cap hit for forwards so they should be asked to do more, plus they’re missing a top pair guy in Kempny, maybe a factor in Stephenson playing every game. I think Fehervary can be that shutdown guy from the skating, physicality, reach and coaching.
I think Fehervary could be a very good player in this league. We also have some other good prospect defensemen. Remember a couple years ago when everyone jumped on the Djoos bandwagon. I predicted at that time that he would drop down the depth chart. We already have at least 8 guys ahead of him and I'm sure 2 or 3 more will pass him soon.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Who would people here want as their choice for top six D? Not guys the Caps don't have but among guys in the system.

I go Carlson, Kempny, Orlov, Fehrevary, Gudas, Jensen. I also look at giving Nardella a shot if Jensen or Fehrevary falter.
I'd rather see Jensen gone. Fehrevary looks decent but I'm not sure he is ready to play full time. For now I think Siegenthaler is a better option. I dono think he is the long term answer.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'd rather see Jensen gone. Fehrevary looks decent but I'm not sure he is ready to play full time. For now I think Siegenthaler is a better option. I dono think he is the long term answer.

I think they have to get through this development year for Fehrevary and Alexeyev and then they should be good. I will also like to get a look at Nardella who looked really good in the pre-season. Geisser is only 20 and I hope next season to see him get some pre season games as well.

Seigenthaler is a serviceable dman, like Taylor Chorney was here, but he feels like a 6/7 easily replaceable guy, he also is not signed after this season. Next season maybe Jensen becomes the 6/7 guy and the kids are ready. :dunno:

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice

Definitely Orlov, Carlson, Jensen, Gudas, Kempny and Fehervary.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Teams go up and down. Make the playoffs and anything can happen. I love the conversation, but I’m in no way sweating the idea of a first round out today. Just seems premature to be making seemingly final judgements on players, coaches, Management in October.

well, if someone “predicted it” in July, and its seemed partially true in October..... then it’s got to be seasonal gospel.

Ironclad

Right? RIGHT???

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Caps have 2 defensemen — TWO — in the entire system that make more than 2.5m a year. TWO.

Caps have 9 forwards — NINE — in the system that make more than 2.5m a season. NINE

And of course the 6m dollar man G.

So we have a bunch of geniuses in here commenting on how they are worried about the defense and how it’s not where they want it. Well No Shit Sherlock. WTF did anyone expect? We ALL knew the defense would be a work in progress. Mainly because the team has all its best prospects — wait for it — ON DEFENSE.

GASP!!!!!

The franchise is banking on youth to MATURE over the course of the season and get better. Crazy concept. I know.

Or — just send in the clowns.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
They have a chance to be very good with the revamped bottom 6 and better specialty teams.

It’s while I’ll never be satisfied with the top pp Til they show post season winning commitment to effort and puck control to match their skill. I just expect so much out of them.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad