Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) -- 2018-19 We Are The Champions Edition - Pt. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Jaskin is where I thought Burakovsky would be before the season and Bura is where I’d thought Nathan Walker would be if you did an organization depth chart

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Vrana takes the hit for a -3

Bura down also, but oof, Stephenson up?

Guess we get to see Jaskin on the top line as requested by the board. I think he'll fit well there. he's a puck possession machine and strong on the boards, what they need there.

The good news is, it appears TR sees things much the same way this board does, so there should never be any disagreements :D

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I am a bit skeptical about Jaskin on the 1st line -- sure he may help with goals-against and win some board battles, but Kuz & Ovi need a guy that can cover a lot of ground, and they don't really play the kind of cycle game where Jaskin might excel.

But sure, try it, why not. Jaskin has looked faster as he got more comfortable with the team/system/etc.

I'd look to put Vrana back up there, though, give him a chance to redeem himself. I thought his turnovers were more unfortunate than dumb/lazy.

Still, one has to admit, a lot of it is on Kuz & Ovi. When they're in glide-mode, everybody looks sort of ineffective with them - Wilson being the exception that proves the rule.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It was actually pretty brilliant of Reirden to put Jaskin with line 1 until Wilson gets back. Wilson will probably need a few games to get up to speed so he may even stay on line one for a few extra games.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
How did Chicago let Kempny go? Makes no sense. Tight up against the cap, desperate for quick puck moving defensemen, dumped Kempny off for nothing.

Jun 15, 2007
How did Chicago let Kempny go? Makes no sense. Tight up against the cap, desperate for quick puck moving defensemen, dumped Kempny off for nothing.
I think that might've factored into Q's firing. He basically never game him a chance.

Kempny better hope we don't panic and fire Reirden to hire Q. He'll probably retire from the NHL.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
I have no clue - I re read the Stanley cup but I can't seem to find his name anywhere - weird, are you sure this guy plays hockey?

Edit: realised he could have been a backup - preparing myself for potential embarrassment!

Also should out to Matt Murray for TANKING the goalie stats for my fantasy team. Why did I draft a Pen?

Last edited:

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
CHI's roster from 2010 is far far away from its current version. Even Q can't do much, he needs some rest probably.

He's got 3 cups out of it - great achievement.

Why didn't he trust Kempny? No idea, could be any reason.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
While shots at me are being taken regularly WRT Oshie, I would like to remind you a context of that speach.

I've mentioned contract situation of several wingers as a possible incentive to Oshie to give better effort in regular season in the circumstances where his effort is not needed (because he is known entity, warrior/etc).

Stated that his contract is an obvious albatross (and can still say so). And in a case of Bura and some others having great season Oshie would/could be a cap hell casuality candidate (candidate, mind you). So knowing this he would like to show more in the regular season (where he should be pacing himself because of age/health condition which I find logical).

That was a speculation on my part.

Never did I say anything bad about Oshie, only that his contract is a concern down the road and it should reflect on his motivation.

Start of the season clearly shows Oshie cares about back to back stuff much more than Bura and younger guys so it's all good. Oshie is here to stay (even if his body will fault him at some point) and GMBM is here to fix cap problems when they will occure.

As a hockey player Oshie is one of the best on the team. That was never in question.

But his contract was done with purpose of winning the cup and it was done already. Now it's fair game to discuss options. This is a message board after all. Peace.

Oshie proving doubters wrong is the best resolution anyway. Good for him.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Firing Q could be a good thing for Q. He can start something new with another team. Both sides should be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad