Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) -- 2018-19 We Are The Champions Edition - Pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I guess with the exception of Grubauer. He was traded. He also didn't come up with any key plays in our cup run.
I'd be perfectly fine if we traded Burakovsky. He is bringing nothing in terms of offensive production and he doesnt really do anything else. Trade him while we can still get a hockey bag and a couple of sticks. I'm guessing we might get a draft pick but not a very high pick.

Of course I meant now, not during the preseason process of trying to keep the Cup team together, which is part of the context for believing they want the same guys playing in April.

Gruby and Beagle were sacrificed to retain as many of the other players as possible. They even brought Orpik back after sacrificing him. I don't see them parting with Bura easily unless something happens that really, really sours them on his future.

I've talked a lot of shit about Bura over the past few years and wouldn't mind a trade but I'm not sure the front office sees it the same way.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Of course I meant now, not during the preseason process of trying to keep the Cup team together, which is part of the context for believing they want the same guys playing in April.

Gruby and Beagle were sacrificed to retain as many of the other players as possible. They even brought Orpik back after sacrificing him. I don't see them parting with Bura easily unless something happens that really, really sours them on his future.

I've talked a lot of **** about Bura over the past few years and wouldn't mind a trade but I'm not sure the front office sees it the same way.
I think most people have similar feelings about Burakovsky. A lot want him traded. Even the Burakovsky supporter can see he is underachieving. I am surprised the Caps didnt trade him earlier. Who knows? Maybe the Caps have tried trading him and had no takers.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
upload_2018-10-17_9-18-44.png

What a ridiculous schedule to start the season.

Left side: Let's not hockey
Right side: Let's do that hockey!

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Walker appears to be in the lineup tonight. It's a move around the margins but I really like his energy on the 4th line. I do hope they eventually give him an opportunity to PK.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Walker has had legit scoring chances. I have not seen every Jaskin shift but cant recall seeing one. On his stick or from his stick to set up someone else.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Walker has had legit scoring chances. I have not seen every Jaskin shift but cant recall seeing one. On his stick or from his stick to set up someone else.

Jaskin is too slow to keep up with the play. Reminds me of that big slow center we got from the Wild few years ago, what was his name?

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I want to see what the bottom 6 looks like with Shumakov and Boyd but Shumy IGed a pic with a soft cast on his wrist and Boyd will be out long term.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I want to see what the bottom 6 looks like with Shumakov and Boyd but Shumy IGed a pic with a soft cast on his wrist and Boyd will be out long term.

If you read through the tweets on that someone translated the text to say “I’ve played enough”

1) don’t know if that’s a true translation or not and 2) that doesn’t sound so promising and I’m hoping he isn’t jumping back to Russia

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
If you read through the tweets on that someone translated the text to say “I’ve played enough”

1) don’t know if that’s a true translation or not and 2) that doesn’t sound so promising and I’m hoping he isn’t jumping back to Russia

Naigralsya in direct translations means played a lot or satisfied urge to play. Which is a little weird maybe he meant to say Daigralsya. Which would mean i was playing around and look what happened

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada

Well he added smiles :thumbu: and facepalm, so I don't think he means what he said. There are similar word in russian which means played too much and had injury as a result.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

Walker is fast but unfortunately that is it. All sizzle, no steak. Walker has two points in his NHL career, his lone "goal" bounced of the very tip of his pants and into the net and it took an entire period to even realize he scored it. I'm sure his kids will be told it was a "bar down snipe". ;)

However, like all of you, I would rather have the faster player in the lineup so I'll take Walker. Would rather have Megna or AJF get those 7 minutes, but whatever.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

You've missed several of Jaskin's best shifts, apparently. Most notably his netfront chance against the Knights in the 3rd period of that game.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Not last year he wasn't. Caps got out at the right time on Beagle (and Alzner, and Williams, and Brouwer, etc., etc.,).

I don't see any reason to say that Williams has declined after leaving Washington. He's still a very good player, the Caps just didn't have the space to keep him after Oshie's raise. Reminder that Williams has seven point in seven games this season, and has already generated 18 shots on goal. He had 51 points last year. Jason Chimera and Joel Ward would have been better examples of walking away from aging veteran forwards.

Also, I'd argue that the right time to get out from Brouwer was actually sooner, but no complaints about the trade itself. He did have a solid season for the Blues after the trade (including his best ever playoffs), but imploded upon going to Calgary.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I don't see any reason to say that Williams has declined after leaving Washington. He's still a very good player, the Caps just didn't have the space to keep him after Oshie's raise. Reminder that Williams has seven point in seven games this season, and has already generated 18 shots on goal. He had 51 points last year. Jason Chimera and Joel Ward would have been better examples of walking away from aging veteran forwards.

That is why I put "etc.". Nothing against Williams, but he was 36 heading into last season, it was time plus I get the money stuff as well. Caps won the Cup with youth finally being inserted.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I think face offs are overrated. Kuzy scored off a lost face off this year. He's the reason the Caps are losing so bad on the circle, he's gone from 44% to 35% last year to this and from taking 20% of the draws to 26%, but if he jumped up to 49% that would mean 11 more faceoffs won but that isn't likely to equal 1 goal while he's a legit threat off a lost faceoff.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I think face offs are overrated. Kuzy scored off a lost face off this year. He's the reason the Caps are losing so bad on the circle, he's gone from 44% to 35% last year to this and from taking 20% of the draws to 26%, but if he jumped up to 49% that would mean 11 more faceoffs won but that isn't likely to equal 1 goal while he's a legit threat off a lost faceoff.
I can't believe you just said that. They arent overrated. Face offs are very important especially in the defensive zone and on the pk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->