Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) -- 2018-19 We Are The Champions Edition - Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You acted aghast when someone said he would get top 9 TOI, claiming that because that same line was used as the 3rd line in the playoffs and Burt got 4th line minutes then that it would be the same in the upcoming season. Stop playing dumb.

agast? I am saying that if the forwards are used as they fit into a groove in the playoffs, that there are other options than top 9 toi for 65. You don't think that is possible?

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
You are right. It was goalless streaks. Those were because he doesn't get pp time?

In part, yes. And also in part because he's not an elite goal-scorer and it's unrealistic to expect him to be.

I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
6 points in 13 games is pretty good for a player getting 4th line minutes, and again the points/60 show that he was actually scoring at a high-end first line rate this postseason. The fact that he only had points in 4 games isn't a particularly meaningful observation for a player getting 4th line minutes and calling that production "inconsistent" means you have your expectations set way too high for a guy who got 10 minutes a night.
He had 2 goals in those 13 games both came in one game. All you are looking at is his final stats. If you broke down every game you would see that he had more weak games than good games. He actually was very inconsistent. Its been a trademark of his.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Sorry Bura...no magik gloves out there for you.

When+siblings+wanna+fight+you+that+movie+sucked+btw_1c7d31_5349342.gif

Though I would think if he started getting a little nasty out there swiss style that might help a bit.

/statement RH approved

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The Swiss aren't mean enough but they do pack an awful lot of heat, which works as a deterrence. That, and mountains.

Instead of being slashed, Bura needs to be the slasher. Swede Viking style.

Oh, and go back in time and drink a lot more milk during those growth spurts.

8F1B2B14DD16CA4B23B611083B6B685C08D83B3D

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Great, almost of quarter of the season I have to listen to the losers on NBCSN cheer on our opponent.

Might have to go old school and listen to Walton do pbp with the tv muted.

I will be curious to see if the network broadcast teams decide in their production meetings that the Caps get a new treatment now that they are no longer the loser chokers.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

I could watch no other media besides that for another month and I'd be happy with that.

Speaking of happy, watching that, starting with those recent disappointments, I've literally flushed them all from my brain. Don't remember the pain, don't remember the details, don't care to, don't need to. When I think about the Caps, all I picture is those GWGs from the playoffs this year and the finals, and then Ovi taking the Cup from Bettman, and those epic celly's in the streets of DC, fountains included! That's what this Cup has done, erased 40 plus years of shit from my brain and replaced with with nothing but joy!

Thanks Ovi. Thanks Nick, and Kuz and TJ and Devonte. Thanks Holts! Thanks Ted, Brian and Barry and everyone else. Thank you all!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

We heard for a long time that the bias we perceived in those broadcasts was either paranoia or just the effects of frontrunner broadcasting since the Penguins were winning Cups and we weren't.

Let's see if the tone changes next season. If the Caps aren't dominating by November they may focus on that, instead.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I will be curious to see if the network broadcast teams decide in their production meetings that the Caps get a new treatment now that they are no longer the loser chokers.

THIS is what I’m hoping for/half expecting. I want some RESPECT!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I could watch no other media besides that for another month and I'd be happy with that.

Speaking of happy, watching that, starting with those recent disappointments, I've literally flushed them all from my brain. Don't remember the pain, don't remember the details, don't care to, don't need to. When I think about the Caps, all I picture is those GWGs from the playoffs this year and the finals, and then Ovi taking the Cup from Bettman, and those epic celly's in the streets of DC, fountains included! That's what this Cup has done, erased 40 plus years of **** from my brain and replaced with with nothing but joy!

Thanks Ovi. Thanks Nick, and Kuz and TJ and Devonte. Thanks Holts! Thanks Ted, Brian and Barry and everyone else. Thank you all!

Totally KSD....WHO CARES about past pain now? I Welcome new pain so that I can comfort myself with these memories. We definitely paid our dues as a franchise and its fans. Not one single past disappointment carries any significance to me anymore. As a person, it’s been freeing honestly.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Totally KSD....WHO CARES about past pain now? I Welcome new pain so that I can comfort myself with these memories. We definitely paid our dues as a franchise and its fans. Not one single past disappointment carries any significance to me anymore. As a person, it’s been freeing honestly.

It may be time to change your username to CapitalsCupReality...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad