GDT: Caps @ Flyers. 9/22/14. Wells Fargo Center. 7pm

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
The play he got that plenty on was a typical Semin play. For a minute there I thought I was watching Sasha. Kid is young, and hopefully he learns. But I like that fact that he is very active.

I agree.

He also had a similar type play in the first period that he pulled off and it looked pretty awesome.

He does a lot of Gretzky type stick handling where he sorta pushes the puck ahead so that defenders can't get it or disrupt him. Watch him stick handle closely and you'll see what I mean.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Erskine wasn't healthy last year and still hadn't recovered from that injury he suffered in the playoffs vs the Rangers.

He looked better but did get walked by Voracek prior to that penalty (altho it was a very touchy call)

Overall he looked much better than at any point last year in terms of movement.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Erskine wasn't healthy last year and still hadn't recovered from that injury he suffered in the playoffs vs the Rangers.

He looked better but did get walked by Voracek prior to that penalty (altho it was a very touchy call)

Overall he looked much better than at any point last year in terms of movement.

Did we watch the same game? In person he looked immobile. Only Oleksy looked worse, imo. He had like a ten-to-fifteen foot lead on the nearest Flyer on that breakaway following the penalty, yet the Flyer caught up to him. His skating is just as bad as ever.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Did we watch the same game? In person he looked immobile. Only Oleksy looked worse, imo. He had like a ten-to-fifteen foot lead on the nearest Flyer on that breakaway following the penalty, yet the Flyer caught up to him. His skating is just as bad as ever.

I thought he looked better than last year for sure.

That breakaway doesn't really count since he just got out of the box and didn't exactly have momentum.

I thought he made several excellent pinches and keeps throughout the game and we rarely got running around in our own zone at ES.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I thought he looked better than last year for sure.

That breakaway doesn't really count since he just got out of the box and didn't exactly have momentum.

I thought he made several excellent pinches and keeps throughout the game and we rarely got running around in our own zone at ES.

Every other player I've seen get a gift breakaway like that out of the box has made it to the net without being caught. Acceleration is important, especially for a defenseman.

ryan519*

i didnt catch the game. were peters/grubi playing like crap or just bad pk?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Grubbauer was fine he was either screen or it was a deflection on pretty much every goal...

Anyways, Trotz said after the game they haven't worked on the PK yet.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
If Holtby let those goals in you would be roasting him right now.

Sorry I'm not firmly attached to Holtbys right nut like everyone here who thinks its acceptable to allow shots from beyond the faceoff circles he sees the entire way from 4th liners in all the time.

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
Sorry I'm not firmly attached to Holtbys right nut like everyone here who thinks its acceptable to allow shots from beyond the faceoff circles he sees the entire way from 4th liners in all the time.
You know, when "everyone" including knowledgeable people like Joe Benanti (who played goalie) think Holtby is pretty good, maybe, just maybe they might be onto something that perhaps you're missing. Just maybe.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
You know, when "everyone" including knowledgeable people like Joe Benanti (who played goalie) think Holtby is pretty good, maybe, just maybe they might be onto something that perhaps you're missing. Just maybe.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Beninati never played goaltender in hockey at anywhere close to a high level. He did play goal in lacrosse in college though.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Grubbauer was fine he was either screen or it was a deflection on pretty much every goal...

Anyways, Trotz said after the game they haven't worked on the PK yet.

You mean like the lone ES goal scored by the Flyers by Andrew Gordon that was as weaksauce as they come?

He let in 3 5-hole goals that were pretty much right along the ice. He did not have a good game by any definition.

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
My bad, I thought everyone (even SS) liked JoeB. My point was I've read plenty of goaltending experts rank Holtby's skills well. I just used JoeB's name, again because I know he did play that position and and I figured that even SS probably liked JoeB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad