Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I missed the entire game boys and gals (duty calls), anything cool happen?!?!

The coolest thing that happened was they had a 3 goal lead and didn't blow it all, just part of it.

Also Ovi used a cigarette lighter to fabricate a small laser beam that he fused to his finger to add 35 mph to his shot, and used it to score on Philly... that was also cool.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
The coolest thing that happened was they had a 3 goal lead and didn't blow it all, just part of it.

Also Ovi used a cigarette lighter to fabricate a small laser beam that he fused to his finger to add 35 mph to his shot, and used it to score on Philly... that was also cool.
Almost gave up another 3 goal 3rd period lead? I just can’t believe that... Hopefully laser beam Ovi is here to stay
upload_2021-3-12_1-8-53.gif

Sep 19, 2008
This team makes me sweat too much

the last two games should have been 4-1 or 4-2

can't let em back in it

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Hockey nicknames are the worst. Dowder. Gross.

Joe B and Locker's "Downtown Dowd" sounds way better than Dowder lol.

Me personally, I like "Dirty Dowd"

Oh you dirty Dowd you.

You just got dirty Dowd :laugh:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Joe B and Locker's "Downtown Dowd" sounds way better than Dowder lol.

Me personally, I like "Dirty Dowd"

Oh you dirty Dowd you.

You just got dirty Dowd :laugh:

Dowder may suck but its shorter. Dowd is content that his knickname isnt the Caps worst ever. Who remembers....the filter wont let me....starts with J. Bradley said it once on tv?

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Dowder may suck but its shorter. Dowd is content that his knickname isnt the Caps worst ever. Who remembers....the filter wont let me....starts with J. Bradley said it once on tv?

Lol what was it?

My favorite one is still NERD and I try to yell it out every time I hear Tom Poti's name because of that broadcast where that one fan shouts it out. I won't post it because cuss words, but I remember Poti having fun with it.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The Ovi laser was encouraging. Something has seemed off with his one-timer and slap shot the last 4-6 weeks which is probably the result of a nagging injury. He could have had a hat trick last night but Elliott made two great saves one on a rebound and two on a nice deflection off a point shot to keep him at only one. I thought a few games ago that his goal deluge was coming and he's scored two in three since then... I think it's in progress, especially if he has his clapper back.

Reactions: Calicaps

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Love hockey nicknames. Almost every one of them ends in "er" or "y" or just cuts off the last syllable or two, i.e. Dowder, Ovi, Willy, Hags, Osh, Holts, Carly, Kuzy, Backy, Alzy, V, and on and on.

Trying to think of anyone with a real knickname. Only thing that comes to mind is the Orioles call Jim Palmer "cakes".

Edit: Oh wait. Tiger
Bonzai was legit.
Kolzig as Godzilla sure fit. They probably shortened that to Godz

Last edited:
Reactions: Hivemind

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Trying to think of anyone with a real knickname. Only thing that comes to mind is the Orioles call Jim Palmer "cakes".

Bonzai was legit.
I think also that there are differences sometimes between nicknames and what they call each other on the ice. They call Orlov "Snarls" but it's Orly in a lot of the interviews or on the ice.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Looks like Siegenthaler is "Siegie" :laugh:

Why shorthanded Caps played Siegenthaler 28 seconds vs. Flyers
“This is nothing on Siegie at all," Laviolette said. "We went in with a plan to play the 11 forwards and double shift people to try to keep the lines, I guess, as familiar as we have in the last couple games. So we decided just to double shift the three centermen and [T.J. Oshie] into the middle between [Conor Sheary] and Richard Panik and we were going to play six defensemen."

Reactions: max21

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
The Flyer's set up of Ov for a one timer was pretty dope. Hit him in stride and in the wheels house. Inside of the pipe and in. It was beautiful
I saw it, it was a beaut. I also liked Dowds first goal, wasn’t particularly sexy but drive the net-things like that happen. Nice game from Dirty dowd

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Bonzai was legit.

Mark Schlereth of the Redskins was nicknamed "Stinky". /thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad