GDT: Caps @ Flyers - 11/01/13 7 PM

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Well I'm sure they see this as an excellent development opportunity for Orlov to simply sit and watch, and of course to practice with them also...

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Well I'm sure they see this as an excellent development opportunity for Orlov to simply sit and watch, and of course to practice with them also...

"just being here" is more than enough....don't want to rush Orlov, he could be ruined forever! ;) :sarcasm:

3-2 Caps.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
IMO the only other way it could have worked out is to scratch Urbom. Alzner's not getting scratched and Schmidt has obviously earned his time with Green in the eyes of the coaches, so it was one of Urbom and Orlov.

Of course, they could have scratched Oleksy and put Orlov on his preferred side (paired with Urbom), but I really don't see that happening anytime soon. It seems to be LD or bust for Orlov.

marcel snapshot

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Teams have won Stanley Cups with defenseman playing their "off-hand" position right? Same thing with forwards, correct?

Or let's put it another way - Oates is so fuggin compulsive about this, can he say unequivocally that history definitively shows that teams cannot succeed unless no player is playing on his off-hand side?

'Cuz it seems like actually being good at hockey is more important than what side you shoot from, and if you have 1 D-guy or forward that is definitively better than the other, who the fug cares what side he shoot from? By Oates logic, I have a better chance at playing RD for the Caps than Orlov because I shoot from the right side.

Somebody give Oates a bong hit or something to loosen the rigid strictures of his mind.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I always find it interesting to see how we look without Ovi... dare I think we may be better overall defensively, without feeling the scorn of the board.

I expect Fehr to do well tonight. But I would rather have seen Wilson get the promotion. He earned the chance based on his draft status.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Oh sorry. I'm a monster.

I accidentally only did ctrl + f for phi (3) and phi (4) in their schedule.

Never said you're a monster, just correcting you.

The Flyers haven't been shutout yet either so it's kind of pointless to choose an arbitrary goal number to begin with. They haven't been shutout at all and outside of one game they haven't scored more then two goals. They're a consistently bad to sub par offensive team so far.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
Is there an HD channel for csn+ on Comcast in Montgomery county?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I always find it interesting to see how we look without Ovi... dare I think we may be better overall defensively, without feeling the scorn of the board.

I expect Fehr to do well tonight. But I would rather have seen Wilson get the promotion. He earned the chance based on his draft status.

Yep clearly Ovechkin is this teams problem defensively, not the fact that teams constantly out number the Capitals below the net because Backstrom won't help.

Fitlanbox

Jul 10, 2011
Is CSN+ the one that always ends up getting broadcast on 501(HD) or 1(SD) on verizon fios as like FIOS sports 1 and not actually on CSN+?

Also one thing I'm actually kind of excited about is seeing Mojo at center. I know that he hasn't looked great there in the past, but maybe flourishing on the wing over the past half season or so has boosted his confidence and he starts clicking there. Would be a major asset if he can slot in there, as good as he has been riding shotgun on the top line.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeezus - that Flyer lineup is horrible. It's on par with the Buffalo lineup that we seem to play once a year where all their "good" players are out and it's a bunch of AHL scrubs from Moncton or Rochester or Utica or whatever dying hell-hole they're affiliated with -- and that we always lose to.

If you honestly believe that then you're an embarrassment to your fanbase. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
If you honestly believe that then you're an embarrassment to your fanbase. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm confused as to why thinking the Flyer's lineup sucks makes him an embarrassment of a Caps fan. Being a Caps fan doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Flyers...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->