Post-Game Talk: Caps/Devs GDT 4/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I hate how things are going with Vrana.....a better, soon to be more expensive player in a Bura-like scenario is looming large. He’s due a massive raise....it’s a bit scary. I wonder who on the team he looks up to most, mimics most, listens to most....I’m almost worried it’s Kuzy.
I don’t expect him to be a Cap after this year. Will cost too much, and he has consistent issues with coaches.

i went back and found the quote from Marek Sykora that cracked me up, a couple years ago.
“It’s strange, Vrána works hard in the NHL, he has to, but he doesn’t do the same here and that can’t happen. He can score a goal, but he must add to that. Not expect that someone will do the work for him and he’ll just get the goalscorer cream.”

Goalscorer cream, hahaha.
Jakub Vrana scratched in quarterfinals after criticism from former Czech national team head coach

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don’t expect him to be a Cap after this year. Will cost too much, and he has consistent issues with coaches.

i went back and found the quote from Marek Sykora that cracked me up, a couple years ago.
“It’s strange, Vrána works hard in the NHL, he has to, but he doesn’t do the same here and that can’t happen. He can score a goal, but he must add to that. Not expect that someone will do the work for him and he’ll just get the goalscorer cream.”

Goalscorer cream, hahaha.
Jakub Vrana scratched in quarterfinals after criticism from former Czech national team head coach

606b76cad94ee7bf37f22df3cc7e0818.gif

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
They won't move Vrana at the TDL, you can't move a player like him if you're a Cup contender heading into the playoffs. They will move him in the offseason if they want to.

Reactions: g00n

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Pfft - Hughes is the most underwhelming 1st overall pick since I don't even know who....probably Hischier.

Looks at his numbers: ooh I'm shaking in my boots:

View attachment 416477
He has given us fits, fast and a good stick handler. Our antithesis. He’s only 19, about 0.5 ppg. I mean Lafreniere hasn’t been lighting it up either.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Look nothing like the team that rolled over for the Rongos

Reactions: crab

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
If we trade Vrana, I would hope we get some speed in return.
Or, maybe, just don't trade Vrana. Not sure how many whipping boys we need to see light it up for other franchises before people realize that they shouldn't be demanding all the speedy young forwards on the team be traded away.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Or, maybe, just don't trade Vrana. Not sure how many whipping boys we need to see light it up for other franchises before people realize that they shouldn't be demanding all the speedy young forwards on the team be traded away.

What's your solution then? He brings nothing to the table aside from goalscoring, and he doesn't score when he's under pressure (no goals in the playoffs since the Cup year).

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I can pretty much expect to see #4 on the ice when an opponent goal is scored. His turnover set the tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad