Post-Game Talk: Caps/Devs GDT 4/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
IMO it's a mistake to single out a talented guy after a game in which almost everybody sucked. It sends the message that the coach doesn't like you, rather than what's intended.

Especially since there were plenty of games when there was an actual valid reason to single Vrana out.
This.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
He's a Hall of Famer, he won't get benched because coaches want more from his game. Instead they will call it a rest or maintenance day.
I agree and I like Chara on the team I just don’t agree with calling out Jake the snake in this way. Especially after a game where the team gave up 8 friggin goals. The entire team should sit after that debacle.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
This part of hockey is always good for a laugh. Grown men trying to fight on ice skates because they’ve been insulted in some way. Why didn’t Happy Gilmore ever get a shot if this is the standard?
Old Time Eddie Shore hockey...;)

Reactions: racingmoose

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Did I see those lines right on the pre game show? Kuzy 4th?

I think Kuzy no longer playing with Ovi and Oshie is the bigger demotion, honestly. What ‘line’ you’re on means nothing in-game, it’s ice time and usage that really dictates it. Playing with Sprong and Panik in a healthy lineup means you’re not seeing much of the ice unless you earn it - or the whole team’s failing to get it done, so you’re rewarded by necessity of what you should be doing to mix things up.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Kuzy, Backstrom and Eller are all with different wingers by the second period.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I have a bad feeling that Hughes is going to go Barzel on us tonight.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Jake has been ass. I don’t like benching one of the more dynamic players on the team but he’s been flat out bad for the past 10 games or so. Don’t even think he’s averaging one shot per game which for a guy getting top 6 and PP1 minutes, that’s not going to cut it.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I agree and I like Chara on the team I just don’t agree with calling out Jake the snake in this way. Especially after a game where the team gave up 8 friggin goals. The entire team should sit after that debacle.

Fair, but based on his words and reputation, I imagine he's told Jake specifically what he wanted from him many times, and wasn't getting it. He strikes me as the type of coach who looks for all the various ways each of his players respond, and this public callout is likely near the end of his preferred methods but he seems to have tried all the other methods with Jake. I also think he might have made this same move had the game been 3-2.

Wanna say the last time he benched Vrana, he responded with a GWG in OT, right?

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Doesn't Wilson have goals and points outpacing his games played since returning?

It looks like he has 6 in 6, and he's made a bunch of nice feeds and a few good shots. But he does need to elevate his game to make up for all the free riders on the team.:naughty:

Reactions: troyerlaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad