Post-Game Talk: Caps Devils: new lines you want? New lines you get!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Letting Schmidt go sucks and I wish they would have found a way to have Vegas take Grubauer instead. However, the fact that Wilson (who I advocated to leave exposed) was protected and is now playing very well makes losing Schmidt sting less and their decision to protect 7 forwards better.

Also I’m not really sure what’s going on with Oshie but if Wilson is really the “fix it” guy then I’d like to see him on the second line soon. 13-92-43 would be extremely fast and Oshie just isn’t getting the job done.

I think the caps are easing him back in. He barely played last night with Stephenson playing way more

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I like not having to watch Burakovsky be flimsy all over the ice. That said, if Oshie isn't near 100% then sit him and get Wilson back in the top six. I'd also think about trying Vrana at 1RW.

Trotz has talked about Ovechkin being a tough guy to play with but for me it's Kuznetsov that's tougher. I'd think about putting him with Stephenson and Wilson mainly due to their speed/energy/two-way play/Canadianness.

8 - 19 - 13
18 - 92 -43
65/10 - 20 - 77/10
39 - 83 - 25

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
being fifth all-time in wins and having no cups is so disgusting :(

People really have to learn to separate the regular season from the post season, like every other sport does.

Trotz is a Hall of Fame coach for what he has accomplished, Cup or not.

Alex Ovechkin is a Hall of Fame player, Cup or not.

Both of their careers have been incredible.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
You can't change your lines after a 5 goal win and with a great passing game
I agree. The team seemed to have good chemistry. Although the 2nd line seemed to struggle a bit. Especially Oshie. Not sure what's going on with him.
As for Burakovsky, he had the one good game since his return but has completely been non existent otherwise. He doesn't seem to be putting in the effort that is needed.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Aaaand laughable post of the month award goes tooooooo.....

Schmidt would still be third pairing on this team. He's making the most of his opportunity but to suggest he's become suddenly amazing is hilarious. He's playing 20+ minutes a night and plenty of PP time because he's the best of what they have. That's why he's loading up on the extra assist. A good many of his advanced stats are below what he did in D.C. last year including his points per 60.

Yeah, that's why his team is killing it with him spending almost half the game on the ice. But I'm sure he wouldn't be able to even beat out Orpik here.

You don't think his advanced stats would go down going from being sheltered here to being a #1D getting 23-25 minutes a game?

Stick to watching sports you understand maybe.

Last edited:

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Your use of hyperbole doesn't change the fact that he's not better than behind Carlson, Niskanen, or Orlov. I love Schmidt and would love if he was our 2LD but he'd be the 4th best defenseman on this team.

He wasn't last year, he is this year (except Carlson perhaps). You know there's this thing called "development" some players do? Like how Kuznetsov was a 40 point player but then developed into a 75 point player? Or how Josh Bailey wasn't very good until he was?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
He wasn't last year, he is this year (except Carlson perhaps). You know there's this thing called "development" some players do? Like how Kuznetsov was a 40 point player but then developed into a 75 point player? Or how Josh Bailey wasn't very good until he was?

Well, you're wrong, but it's not worth arguing with you since you are incapable of having a dialogue. Your posts are unreadable. Peace out.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Well, you're wrong, but it's not worth arguing with you since you are incapable of having a dialogue. Your posts are unreadable. Peace out.

Wow, brilliant argument. Totally explains how a defenseman on pace for 40 points playing top pairing minutes on the 2nd best team in the league would be lucky to be a #4 here. I am blown away by how well you dissected why his game isn't actually that good, you should be a TSN analyst or something.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Wow, brilliant argument. Totally explains how a defenseman on pace for 40 points playing top pairing minutes on the 2nd best team in the league would be lucky to be a #4 here. I am blown away by how well you dissected why his game isn't actually that good, you should be a TSN analyst or something.

I'm totally blown away at how you continue to embarrass yourself every time you push "Post."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->