Post-Game Talk: Caps Devils: new lines you want? New lines you get!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Wow would you look at that. The two players who should be scratched because they are struggling, actually got scratched! The coaches did something right for a change!

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Didn't Burky had his incredible hot streak after being a healthy scratch last year?

Last edited:

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Wow would you look at that. The two players who should be scratched because they are struggling, actually got scratched! The coaches did something right for a change!
Can't argue that those 2 players are struggling. I'm a bit surprised Burakovsky is benched. Wonder how he will take it.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I understand he’s young but I was hoping for more in what is his 4th full-time NHL season from Burakovsky. He still thinks the game incredibly slow, is weak on the puck, and misses way too many shots by trying to ping corners every time. Vrana looks more professional in his game as a rookie than does Burakovsky in his 4th year.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I’d rather Burt be a scratch than get 8 minutes a night. And Bowey really isn’t playing all that well so a night or two off isn’t the worst thing in the world for him either, as long as he gets an opportunity down the stretch.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Bowey hasn't been great, but having to carry around 44 isn't exactly doing him any favors.

Burakovsky doesn't have an excuse at all. I don't think he'll ever put it together with Trotz as coach. His healthy scratches, while they've worked for short spurts, is seemingly his only play for getting players out of ruts or forcing development.

RaindanceMaggie

Sep 3, 2011
Vancouver
I know that 8-19-43 had struggled for a few games but DSP is just such a downgrade. Much slower than 43 and lacks the physical qualities Wilson had to open up the ice for the other guys.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I understand he’s young but I was hoping for more in what is his 4th full-time NHL season from Burakovsky. He still thinks the game incredibly slow, is weak on the puck, and misses way too many shots by trying to ping corners every time. Vrana looks more professional in his game as a rookie than does Burakovsky in his 4th year.

Yeah but it wasn't all that long ago that nobody was saying that about Vrana. Burky is struggling. He'll respond hopefully like last time. hell he's only played 19 games... Still only 22, but I wonder if they've thought about a change of scenery for him...

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Bowey hasn't been great, but having to carry around 44 isn't exactly doing him any favors.

Burakovsky doesn't have an excuse at all. I don't think he'll ever put it together with Trotz as coach. His healthy scratches, while they've worked for short spurts, is seemingly his only play for getting players out of ruts or forcing development.

Oh please...Orpik covered a lot of his blunders. "hasn't been great"....wow talk about an understatement to take a cheap shot at 44.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Yeah but it wasn't all that long ago that nobody was saying that about Vrana. Burky is struggling. He'll respond hopefully like last time. hell he's only played 19 games... Still only 22, but I wonder if they've thought about a change of scenery for him...

Yes, but Vrana is a rookie, not a 4th year pro. And even as a rookie Vrana has shown more IQ than Burky ever has. I think it's worth questioning at this point if he'll ever put it together.

Reactions: g00n

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yes, but Vrana is a rookie, not a 4th year pro. And even as a rookie Vrana has shown more IQ than Burky ever has. I think it's worth questioning at this point if he'll ever put it together.

I don't think there's any doubt that Vrana is the more talented, more creative, faster player....Burky needs to add muscle and embrace the shooter role in the greasy areas more IMO.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Oh please...Orpik covered a lot of his blunders. "hasn't been great"....wow talk about an understatement to take a cheap shot at 44.
Sorry but I dont think Orpik has covered very well for Bowey. I think Bowey would be better with Orlov. A player that can skate and move the puck. Orpik is a slug out there. He doesn't have the speed to cover for anyone.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Trotz development of young players has be downright awful. If it wasn't for Kuz developing in the KHL I'm sure we would have broke his Creativity and bench him for trying the dangle moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->