Post-Game Talk: Caps Devils 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It's especially frustrating when the 1st and 4th lines have awful shifts and don't get the same treatment. Which has happened A LOT this year.

Is it? It's one thing for the 1st and 4th lines to get beaten on their shift, dominated, hemmed in, whatever....it's a completely different thing when your loafing leads directly to a bad goal for the opposition.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Is it? It's one thing for the 1st and 4th lines to get beaten on their shift, dominated, hemmed in, whatever....it's a completely different thing when your loafing leads directly to a bad goal for the opposition.
Right, like Ovie is always on top of his game and goes hard in the corners and back checks all the time.

And I might take less aggressive play over Dowd's penalties.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It's especially frustrating when the 1st and 4th lines have awful shifts and don't get the same treatment. Which has happened A LOT this year.

Bad coaching perhaps? Just speaking for myself considering the number of games missed by critical players and the goaltending situation, I find them being in first placeish in this division somewhat remarkable.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Right, like Ovie is always on top of his game and goes hard in the corners and back checks all the time.

And I might take less aggressive play over Dowd's penalties.

You’re right, but clearly he’s earned a little rope? Ovy has made some eye catching back checks the last few seasons. Has he had any glaringly bad line lazy changes that led directly to a goal against of late?

Carlson is a Norris-level D, struggling at times, looking goofy as he often does and people want him benched....

I’d rather a struggling Carlson over Jensen or Schultz for heavy minutes but that’s me I guess.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm sure Ashooh and Alexa will grow into their roles. I dont remember what Carlin was like when he first started, but its still really early for them.
Alexa seems clueless at times. She repeats what one person on the panel says and then follows it as a theme segment with rest of the panel. Alexa doesn't offer her own ideas and it can be annoying at times. Ashooh, is a "think outside the box" person, which I like because he kind of reminds me of me a bit as a person. He actually makes valid points from time to time, but it goes beyond common sense. He's a bit of the entertaining personality in the panel. This might sound sexist, but as long as Alexa looks pretty with her hot date outfits then I can mostly tolerate her. If they are planning to stick with her long term, hopefully she grows into her own and actually learns to have her own ideas a bit. If not, then viewers will get quickly tired of her besides her looks.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Alexa seems clueless at times. She repeats what one person on the panel says and then follows it as a theme segment with rest of the panel. Alexa doesn't offer her own ideas and it can be annoying at times. Ashooh, is a "think outside the box" person, which I like because he kind of reminds me of me a bit as a person. He actually makes valid points from time to time, but it goes beyond common sense. He's a bit of the entertaining personality in the panel. This might sound sexist, but as long as Alexa looks pretty with her hot date outfits then I can mostly tolerate her. If they are planning to stick with her long term, hopefully she grows into her own and actually learns to have her own ideas a bit. If not, then viewers will get quickly tired of her besides her looks.

Already tired of her. When I want "looks" I don't tune in to a hockey game, I go to other sites :D When I watch hockey I want knowledgeable talent without annoying personalities.. Alexa is neither of those.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Already tired of her. When I want "looks" I don't tune in to a hockey game, I go to other sites :D When I watch hockey I want knowledgeable talent without annoying personalities.. Alexa is neither of those.

Understood. At least they have Joe B, Locker, May, Koken, and Johnson(he's better than when he first started), plus guest appearances with Boudreau. Alexa is a rookie host, so she's gonna make plenty of mistakes. The execs probably think she can pass by with eye candy and positive personality and the fact that she's cheap payroll wise.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

Alexa is a noob to hockey and it shows. The more she does the show and follows the Caps, the more (hopefully) she'll know when to interject her own ideas and original thoughts. Someone else said it best before, but as of this moment she's just very robotic. And that's pretty natural being thrust into something that you are totally unfamiliar with. But at least she keeps the discussion going and maybe she'll lose some of the rigidness as she gets comfortable. Spending time with the same people over and over does breed familiarity and that is the best way to lose edges.

Ashooh is actually knowledgeable like you say, just an oddball. I think he's trying too hard to take the Stephen A Smith role where he tries to insert (what he thinks) is witty dialogue or presents his idea in some grandiose kind of way. Makes him look like a condescending expert who doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. I guess kind of like Stephen A Smith haha. Or like he's on Around the Horn on ESPN. But in those moments where he seems truly deep in thought or reflective, he loses that image or mask whatever. It makes him totally relatable and you can take what he says a lot more easier. Although it loses some of the non-topic entertainment value haha. I like genuine humor though, organic laughs.

Last edited:

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Alexa is a noob to hockey and it shows. The more she does the show and follows the Caps, the more (hopefully) she'll know when to interject her own ideas and original thoughts. Someone else said it best before, but as of this moment she's just very robotic. And that's pretty natural being thrust into something that you are totally unfamiliar with. But at least she keeps the discussion going and maybe she'll lose some of the rigidness as she gets comfortable. Spending time with the same people over and over does breed familiarity and that is the best way to lose edges.

Ashooh is actually knowledgeable like you say, just an oddball. I think he's trying too hard to take the Stephen A Smith role where he tries to insert (what he thinks) is witty dialogue or presents his idea in some grandiose kind of way. Makes him look like a condescending expert who doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. I guess kind of like Stephen A Smith haha. Or like he's on Around the Horn on ESPN. But in those moments where he seems truly deep in thought or reflective, he loses that image or mask whatever. It makes him totally relatable and you can take what he says a lot more easier. Although it loses some of the non-topic entertainment value haha. I like genuine humor though, organic laughs.

The best part of the post-game show is not watching it. Why torture yourself? I'm somewhat curious of what May has to say, but why jump on that grenade when there's stacks of hot takes on HF?

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I don't really mind benching players in general but the idea of throwing your top-line out constantly in the 3rd only to get dominated shift after shift is just ridiculous. The wrong line was benched.

Look at the tying goal and the shift leading to that. Then look at the top-lines shift before that and shift before that. Don't see a goal against coming soon? I did.

It's an rare off-night for Backstrom but not-so-rare off-night for Ovechkin this season. He needs to be better if we want to get anywhere this season.

Also interesting thing: Binghampton Devils - Lehigh Valley Phantoms was suspended after the 1st period because of Covid-19 protocol. We just played both of those teams and our next game is against Philly.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Orlov mentioned that he's been feeling a lot better since his family arrived.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ovi's family not being here is having an effect on him.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
Isn't Alexa more like the "moderator" in the Caps pre and post game shows? She is there to keep the discussion in line amongst the panel and not really interject with her own analysis.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Isn't Alexa more like the "moderator" in the Caps pre and post game shows? She is there to keep the discussion in line amongst the panel and not really interject with her own analysis.

which to me, just highlights her as more useless (so far).

In that same program model on ESPN, the host at least contributes herself also.

I hope she doesn’t read this lol.....she’s just seemingly not ready to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: max21 and tenken00

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

Rob Carlin was able to do the same and also put in thoughts and also banter with everyone as he had good chemistry with everyone. That kind of skill and familiarity takes time.

Reactions: max21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad