Post-Game Talk: Caps Devils 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I'm sure Ashooh and Alexa will grow into their roles. I dont remember what Carlin was like when he first started, but its still really early for them.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ovi's wife should come back to DC ASAP. He is played very poorly at the moment. I realize he is 35 years old and all but my gosh... With this rate he is not even going to score 20+ goals...

Have you noticed that his assists to goals ratio has changed? What he is doing has changed as a result of how he is being defended. Did you see him positioned on the power play in the left wing corner below the goal line tonight? He cant shoot from there. They are doing that for a reason

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
For what it’s worth I thought a benching was in order tonight but maybe play your best players other nights when they aren’t benched

Reactions: caps4cup

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It’s weird that the Capitals have blown a lot of leads in the third this year and also that their best even strength players don’t get much ice time in the third period when they are leading.

Must be completely unrelated.

You hear analysts like Alan May and coaches say "don't sit back when you have the lead, keep controlling the middle of the ice and keep the other team on their heels." But when you start icing your defensive zone players constantly and stop sending the players who can actually control play and attack the other team, people act surprised that your team is on the defensive for prolonged periods.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
You hear analysts like Alan May and coaches say "don't sit back when you have the lead, keep controlling the middle of the ice and keep the other team on their heels." But when you start icing your defensive zone players constantly and stop sending the players who can actually control play and attack the other team, people act surprised that your team is on the defensive for prolonged periods.

So its the Trotz turtle but with aging offensive talent

Reactions: Hivemind

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Maybe so. Kuzy put up 2 points. Good. He didnt play much again and you have to ask what is Laviolette's problem with him? My guess is attention to defensive detail. You would have to guess he is being coached to do certain things that he is not doing as instructed
you are right. So a good coach takes away the most important thing from player... ice time. If they give a shit they respond. Feels like it is trending in right direction. But he won’t be a trusted 2-way player for a while.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Surrendering a 3 goal lead is somewhat concerning. Hopefully getting that out of the way now instead of the playoffs (granted we make it) we’ve allowed 3 or more goals in the third period 3 times this season and have been 1-2-0 both losses coming against playoff teams

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
you are right. So a good coach takes away the most important thing from player... ice time. If they give a shit they respond. Feels like it is trending in right direction. But he won’t be a trusted 2-way player for a while.

I am not sure about the response. The overtime play didnt say a lot about that

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Well someone needs to light a fire under his ass, so I guess that's the same thing, right?

I think this has more to do with coaching than anything. He is passing away shooting opps a lot more than usual. His assist to goal ratio is way up. Did you see how far out of the play it was set up on the pp?

He is getting clean chances. I am not worried about him

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
It’s weird that the Capitals have blown a lot of leads in the third this year and also that their best even strength players don’t get much ice time in the third period when they are leading.

Must be completely unrelated.
It's especially frustrating when the 1st and 4th lines have awful shifts and don't get the same treatment. Which has happened A LOT this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad