Confirmed with Link: Caps claim Urbom

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Is there a period during which they can wait to add him to the roster or something? Otherwise obviously someone has to move out to clear a spot (and cap space). Latta to Hershey would clear up both, of course. I don't think Carrick makes quite enough to do it.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Devils fans seem mildly upset with the claim.

He'll make a pretty solid 3rd pairing for now. Good size, doesn't back off from play too easily. Given the right coaching, his offensive game might step up, as well.
He was also just given some fighting tips from our resident face puncher, Cam Janssen, so he's working on his toughness too.

He's on the cusp of being a regular NHLer. Has some potential to be a steal to get him for nothing.
And Oates is familiar with him, too.

A bit bummed.

BavelPure

Aug 24, 2005
I've seen him play a lot. He is big, mobile and has shown some offensive skill. Definitely has upside...has been developed carefully by the Devils, definitely hurts to lose a guy like this for nothing.

Could def be a 2nd pairing guy in a few years, you guys should be very happy.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
I've seen him play a lot. He is big, mobile and has shown some offensive skill. Definitely has upside...has been developed carefully by the Devils, definitely hurts to lose a guy like this for nothing.

Could def be a 2nd pairing guy in a few years, you guys should be very happy.

Good to hear. Any chance he can play top 4.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The only thing I care about...can he skate?
His skating is pretty good. I don't have a good enough read on his hockey sense and positioning, though. But, yeah, in terms of physical attributes this is pretty much exactly what they needed more of.

Curious whether they may stick him at 3LD and then flip Hillen to the right side. That may be the way to go under the circumstances.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Adam Vingan ‏@AdamVingan 4m
Alexander Urbom will report to the #Caps, according to a team spokesman. No word on the corresponding move.

Something big has to be coming, his cap hit is 869k.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Adam Vingan ‏@AdamVingan 4m
Alexander Urbom will report to the #Caps, according to a team spokesman. No word on the corresponding move.

Something big has to be coming, his cap hit is 869k.

Carrick and Latta sent down, Beagle takes over as 4C. That's my guess at least. Or Volpatti is waived.

Still can't believe we have 4.5 mil playing 3 minutes/period as 4LW. Dumb.

Liberati0n*

Definitely happy about this. Any indication whether he'll play tonight?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
All I gotta say about the move is its another person in front of Orlov which is bad.

McPhee made a bad signing and won't take out Erskine because it would require admitting it.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
another trade in the works?

wonder who is going to make room from Urbom

inb4 you took you him hostage, and we have to trade you two of our prospects for him back :sarcasm:

in all seriousness, I do hope that he gets to play soon with you guys, and that we have a reason to be upset in losing him. part of me really wants to see him succeed. congrats!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
All I gotta say about the move is its another person in front of Orlov which is bad.

McPhee made a bad signing and won't take out Erskine because it would require admitting it.

Orlov has been bad since his concussion. He looked lost in preseason and he needs time to adjust to the left side. Let him get his confidence back in the A.

Erskine is a great fit at 3LD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad