Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Cats - 7:08pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
I remember that draft day. When McPhee went to the podium and called out Tom Wilson's name, the draft analyst's knew it and the TV camera panned over to the Flyers table and they all had WTF looks on their face.
Legend says they still have that WTF looks on their faces years later..

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
That’s like saying short track speed skating isn’t speed skating. You put them side by side for someone who’s never seen a hockey game most would take the 3 on 3.
That's a ridiculous analogy. Hockey has been five skaters and a goalie for 100 years. And I don't believe for a second that anyone would want to watch 3 on 3 for a full 60.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
That's a ridiculous analogy. Hockey has been five skaters and a goalie for 100 years. And I don't believe for a second that anyone would want to watch 3 on 3 for a full 60.

Would be dreadful hockey for 60 minutes.

Not to mention 11-10 games, all the time. :(

3 on 3 is better than the Bettmanout. That’s about as positive as I’ll be about it.

You just know that they are contemplating Bettmanouts or 3 on 3 hockey for the playoffs.

Just say no!

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
All Star ratings improved when they went to 3 on 3

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
All Star game is a gimmick too. Nobody plays real hockey in an ASG. 4 on 4 is real hockey. The league can go an entire season without a regulation 3 on 3 goal being scored. Not the case with 4 on 4. Facts are, just like everything else, the coaches have figured out how not to lose playing 3 on 3. That is the main problem with hockey. Coaches establish first not to lose and then try to build a way to win on top of that. That's why if we had ties after 60, the number of ties would be crushing.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I remember that draft day. When McPhee went to the podium and called out Tom Wilson's name, the draft analyst's knew it and the TV camera panned over to the Flyers table and they all had WTF looks on their face.

I remember being so p*ssed with the Wilson pick with Teuvo still sitting there undrafted. I mean we could have had Forsberg and Teuvo all in the same draft!

I've been eating crow ever since, and I've developed a taste for it. :)

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I hate 3 on 3. It's not hockey.

Agree 100%. I would rather have ties back to be honest.

That being said, last night once I saw everyone getting points in the east I really wanted that second available point. Glad the Caps only made me wait 17 seconds to get it. ;)

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Does Vrana remind anyone else of Peter Bondra, or am I just seeing things?
They have a ton in common. East European LH snipers with speed.

Bondra had a better assortment of shots, and was faster relative to his peers. And, IIRC, at his peak he was an all situations player, including PK.

Also, Vrana needs some of these:
6e1bc79499ca304854f8adc9f791d219_ra,w380,h380_pa,w380,h380.jpeg

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I remember being so p*ssed with the Wilson pick with Teuvo still sitting there undrafted. I mean we could have had Forsberg and Teuvo all in the same draft!

I've been eating crow ever since, and I've developed a taste for it. :)

Which would you rather have? Vrana or Forsberg?

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004

He's had several games where his Fenwick is way more favorable (vs Dallas, Carolina)

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
0.78 NHL PPG first line two-way dominator and PK God or a 0.49 NHL PPG Top-6 capable goal scorer. Let me think a second...

points per game is a great thing when you are playing most of the games. 20% of the games the last 3 seasons. Vrana is on the way up.
Btw. Did you say that Forberg is a pk god?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Ok...I see. He's a pk god that doesn't pk. Is that what you are saying? 0:46 shtoi/gp are fill in numbers. He has pk'd for an average of 0:21 seconds this season. That's less then one shift per game. Again. Fill in numbers. Last season he was 12th on the team in shtoi/gp. I wouldn't call that god like, but ok.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Agree 100%. I would rather have ties back to be honest.

That being said, last night once I saw everyone getting points in the east I really wanted that second available point. Glad the Caps only made me wait 17 seconds to get it. ;)

nope....I vividly remember when both teams would just go into lockdown mode around the 10 min mark and refs would put away their whistles.

Horrible as well to watch although not as bad as 60 minutes of 3v3 would be.

Reactions: Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad