Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Cats - 7:08pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
This makes me laugh:

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 9.57.59 PM.png

Especially when you have Kuzy at 3 pts and +1.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
i'm bit worried about fat nick. he's clearly at least step behind our top guns. he's pretty meh right now

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I can barely remember a week ago so I could be wrong here but it sure seems like the Caps are coming back from deficits more this season than last.

Down today by two goals or one goal, just kept in it and tied up the game then won it in OT.

I think the D needs to fix some things but I really like the make-up of this team so far.

I actually think this team is playing the best regular season hockey I've ever seen from them - but I will admit I have been a fan for many years but due to location (waaayyyy on other side of the world in Australia) I
have only been able to watch games for about 4 seasons. Prior to that I'd watch highlights and follow box scores etc.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
i'm bit worried about fat nick. he's clearly at least step behind our top guns. he's pretty meh right now

he looks pretty damn slow chugging along playing catch-up in the neutral zone on the back check. Needs to do something more special next offseason in training, if he hasn’t already tried.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
he looks pretty damn slow chugging along playing catch-up in the neutral zone on the back check. Needs to do something more special next offseason in training, if he hasn’t already tried.
I don’t think he’s been Nick Backstrom with the puck either this season.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I've noticed that Dmen are much more willing to close gaps on him. They're not as worried as they used to be about him dangling around them, probably because he doesn't have the speed to get separation anymore even if he can undress a guy. Makes me a little sad.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Man that top line with Oshie was just phenomenal today. Everytime they were on the ice it seemed like they were toying with the panthers.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Dude is the modern blueprint for the power forward. Can skate, hit, and has a really has a high quality, underrated shot.

Like I said before, glad he is on our side.

I remember listening to a sportsnet podcast sometime last year where Brian Burke and Doug MacLean were talking about how Tom Wilson IS the premiere power forward that all other power forward dream to be and the unicorn that all GMs drool over.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Well I don't think Stephenson should be here so I guess we're even
No we aren't even. Hagelin is a bigger hit on the salary cap. And Stephenson is more versatile and a lot younger. Stephenson also rarely turns the puck over. He may be offensively challenged but so is Hagelin.
Sorry but Stephenson is outplaying Hagelin.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I hate 3 on 3. It's not hockey.
That’s like saying short track speed skating isn’t speed skating. You put them side by side for someone who’s never seen a hockey game most would take the 3 on 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad