GDT: Caps @ Canes: Special Teams Wars Edition

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
What's irritating is if this team had any kind of GPS that told them where the net was, the Canes would have won this game. Grubauer was not good tonight. He was a rebound machine, but surprise NO ONE was there to get the rebound. Then all their shots were going way off net. He would have been beaten if it was any other team.

We did have guys getting some rebound opportunities, mostly in the first, a bit in the 3rd. Grubauer did a great job of sealing off anything low, which is where most rebound jam opportunities are. The missed nets, in particular by Eric, were just infuriating.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Rask had a rebound early he elevated and grubauer saved it with his stick shaft.

Last edited:

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I hear ya.

Back to hockey, how long before Rod switches up the PP a bit with as bad as teams are cheating to press Faulk? The Caps were probably the most aggressive on him so far, which should be opening up a lot of passing lanes, yet I saw no adjustment.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I hear ya.

Back to hockey, how long before Rod switches up the PP a bit with as bad as teams are cheating to press Faulk? The Caps were probably the most aggressive on him so far, which should be opening up a lot of passing lanes, yet I saw no adjustment.

Well they went something like 10 for 25 (no idea on the actual numbers) before the Caps game. I doubt changes come before they get totally stonewalled for a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad