GDT: Caps @ Bolts - 11.1.2014 7 PM

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Lets not get ahead of our self. He is a top line talent playing sheltered minuets against the weakest competition. No that he is not playing well in the role he has. He is just not doing any of the heavy lifting.

Who's getting ahead of themselves? When Green and Schmidt are on the ice the Caps are scoring goals at roughly twice the rate they do with either of the other pairs and give up goals roughly 1/4 as often. I don't care who they are playing against, that is pretty impressive.

And it isn't like they are choosing their matchups. You can only play against who the coaches send you out to play against. Your job at that point is to get it done and they are definitely doing that. Honestly at this point what more could you want from them?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I watched the highlights from last night. 52 was on the ice for all three goals for. He had a touch at least two and the first goal doesn't happen at all without his play. Meanwhile he was not on the ice for a single goal against.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
It was actually one of his worst for the first two periods he played horribly. He was spectacular in the third period when tb needed it.

Holtby played great. That last goal was a seeing eye shot and there is literally nothing he could have done on the other three goals. He made at least 6 10 bell saves in the first couple of periods that would have blown the game open for tb if he hadn't.

It was a great and intense game to watch. Caps PP makes it look so easy for the high slot shot.

Yes a good game and each team battled hard. Worst game of year for the defense and then Bishop takes over. Washington looks really good this year and I look forward to next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad