GDT: Caps @ Blackhawks - 9/28/13 @ 8pm

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Is Erat still being tried at Center? Maybe that's a reason he's struggling again? He's basically a fresh face at this point considering how hard Oates is on his centers.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
That's that.

Kind of hoping Volpatti & Beagle don't make the cut...they're too one-dimensional/unskilled. I know there's the whole righty center/PK issue potentially but they need to minimize the number of unskilled players given how shoddy their puck possesion game tends to be generally. Anyone that bogs them down should be considered a hindrance.

On a positive note, Cajkovsky seems contract-worthy.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Green looked like garbage. Erat, Grabo, Brouwer, MarJo looked good. Holtby got them to OT.

No one got hurt. :yo:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Absolutely fine with Byers over Volpatti, though I would like to keep Beagle around given the lack of other faceoff options. I haven't been overwhelmed with Latta, either (even though he does do an awfully good job of irritating the other team).

Liberati0n*

I didn't see this game (in which he apparently made a really nice pass), but I guess Byers has more offense than I thought. (I may have overlooked his contributions in some of the preseason games.) He has a couple of ~25-goal seasons in the AHL. He's also significantly bigger, or at least taller. I wouldn't like it if both he and Volpatti were kept, although I guess that's not likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad