GDT: Caps @ Blackhawks - 9/28/13 @ 8pm

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Credit to Chicago but by far their worst effort in the pre-season. Pretty much outclassed.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Linesman decides, when players reach the faceoff dot, which one he expects would reach the puck first (so not just who gets there first, but who's going faster etc.) Whistles if he thinks the Dman would get there, waves it off if he thinks the forwards would get there. Subjective call, but not a very tough one, and much easier for him to see than who touches the puck first at the boards.

Basically, it's icing, but when the race reaches the hash marks, the linesman makes a judgement about whether the puck is really up for grabs. If he deems the D man is gonna get, he blows the whistle, but if he thinks the opposing forward has a shot at it, the race is allowed to proceed to the wall.

EDIT: or, just what BRS said.

Thanks to you both. Makes sense now.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I've been very unimpressed with Erat all preseason long. Still holding out hope that once he's playing with the same line mate for more than a single game, he'll settle in and contribute.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Is it me or does Erat always seem invisible and a total nonfactor in games?
He and Brouwer both tend to ghost out at even-strength.

This is only Ward's third pre-season game so I'll cut him some slack.

Grabovski has turned the puck over in the defensive zone at least three times (Interactif alert!).

Overall, very sloppy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad