Pre-Game Talk: Caps at Canes game 3

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Wowwwwwww!!
java-tiger.jpg

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
They scan barcodes on all parking passes now. Just have it up on your phone and they will scan it going in. Trinity road (across from backyard bistro) is the best entrance for VIP if you are sitting on the south end.

You will likely have to direct yourself because they will assume you are General. Just have your window down and say your VIP pass is on mobile.

Appreciate it. I've had the pass before, so know where to go, but first time going mobile. Earlier this year I just flashed the pass, don't recall them scanning.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Maybe don't dig yourself into a multi-goal deficit?

After game 1 and re-watching game 2, it seems like the Caps are a cat that has caught a mouse, but is letting the mouse run free from time to time making it think it can escape, when in reality, he knows he can pounce on it any time he wants. I guess that comes from both talent and experience. I realize the Canes had chances to win the last one, but still felt that way to me.

Hopefully that changes in game 3.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
After game 1 and re-watching game 2, it seems like the Caps are a cat that has caught a mouse, but is letting the mouse run free from time to time making it think it can escape, when in reality, he knows he can pounce on it any time he wants. I guess that comes from both talent and experience. I realize the Canes had chances to win the last one, but still felt that way to me.

Hopefully that changes in game 3.

I really don't see it that way. The first 10 minutes of game 2 are the only time they've looked completely outclassed. That was some atrocious neutral zone play that eventually got cleaned up and it was much more even after. The Caps are obviously better, but I'd say overall, we've been the better 5v5 team through the first two. I thought WSH was the worst matchup for us going into it, but after game 1 I actually liked our chances. That hasn't really changed after game 2.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Since the team is wearing black, I would assume they want to "black out" the arena.

I was thinking that too....but I don't know what percentage of people own black jerseys to make a "black out" possible. I wrote about his earlier, but perhaps they're handing out black t-shirts or something. The towels are alrighty white. Who knows.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I was thinking that too....but I don't know what percentage of people own black jerseys to make a "black out" possible. I wrote about his earlier, but perhaps they're handing out black t-shirts or something. The towels are alrighty white. Who knows.

On the canes Instagram the team said they will be wearing black but fans can wear whatever they want so it doesn’t seem like there’s a blackout planned.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I really don't see it that way. The first 10 minutes of game 2 are the only time they've looked completely outclassed. That was some atrocious neutral zone play that eventually got cleaned up and it was much more even after. The Caps are obviously better, but I'd say overall, we've been the better 5v5 team through the first two. I thought WSH was the worst matchup for us going into it, but after game 1 I actually liked our chances. That hasn't really changed after game 2.

But that's kind of the point I'm making.

Game 1, the Caps got out to a lead and then just sat back.
Game 2 was better (after the 1st 10 min.), but the Caps focused on limiting real scoring chances for the Canes.

Canes have been better 5v5 and still are 0-2 in the series, which what I'm saying. Caps can play less than stellar hockey and still win. Canes need to play stellar hockey just to have a chance. I hope it changes in games 3 and 4 though where we have home ice.

skipnjump

Apr 6, 2019
NC
big, if true.

ETA: The blacks have grown on me for the "luck factor" alone. I was REALLY not at fan when they first came out. familiarity and winning will change the heart lol. Now I love my black svech jersey and it is a fierce look.
I was wearing the black jersey in Nashville when we beat the Preds. I'm looking for any good luck we can get

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad