Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Shitty defense, but at least Chorney is out

bIcwNbm.gif

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I'm really surprised they pulled Chorney and not Ness. I thought Ness was the dude all over the place on that pairing...

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
The revolving door at the third pair should give us some excitement for the season. I like the changes except I feel Walker should have stayed in the lineup. My guess is they wanted size for the Pens game. Go Caps!

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I'm really surprised they pulled Chorney and not Ness. I thought Ness was the dude all over the place on that pairing...

Most likely giving him more looks before scrapping him. He really needs to cut down those penalties.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Wonder why Ness over Chorney? Not that I'm overly impressed with either of them but Ness and Djoos are the same player imo.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
When Wilson comes back can't they recall bowey? Thought it was something to do with cap space

CapFriendly has the Capitals at $29.1K in available cap space and Bowey is at a $703K cap hit at the NHL level. So they’d need to relieve themselves of about about $674K to be able to bring up Bowey. Neither waiving Ness ($613K) nor Djoos ($650K) would be enough, but waiving Chorney ($800K) or sending down Vrana ($863K) would be enough. They shouldn’t send Vrana down even though he is waiver exempt, so the only logical move is to waive Chorney IMO. He likely won’t get claimed and could be recalled if necessary due to injury.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
They would have to send down Chorney or Vrana to have enough cap space for Bowey. Sending down Ness, Graovac, or Walker doesn't clear enough for Bowey.

This has been covered? They will prob send down Ness/Chorney and Graovac/DSP. Replacements would be Wilson and Bowey.

Those are 2 good trade ups. And they'd start to bank a little cap space over the season.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Agree with Twabby, the most logical way to recall Bowey is to put Chorney on waivers. Let's be honest here, even if he gets claimed, losing him isn't a big loss. You can have Chorney type players for a 7th round pick.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
This has been covered? They will prob send down Ness/Chorney and Graovac/DSP. Replacements would be Wilson and Bowey.

Those are 2 good trade ups. And they'd start to bank a little cap space over the season.

Sounds like they are really unwilling to put players on waivers even though they prefer 22 men.

I’d prefer exactly what you proposed but it doesn’t seem like Trotz and co. are down with that.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Why is everybody so afraid of waivers this year? It feels like there were a ton of players on the waiver wire at this time of the year last season. Is it because GMGM has a tendency to claim and hoard defensemen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad