Post-Game Talk: Caps 3 Jets 2 We suck in OT edition

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player post-game audio: Connor Hellebuyck & Patrik Laine.

Coach Maurice post-game scrum topics: Assessment of the game. Thoughts on Laine/Ovechkin? On the early penalties against the Jets. Managing risk/reward element of overtime. Status of Matt Hendricks? On what Laine is doing right these days. Has Laine exceeded his expectations? Thoughts on tomorrow in Nashville.

To listen click here.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I don't understand why either. Jets need the media coverage just as much as the media needs access.

Sounds like a Public Outhouse...

outhouse-explosion-o.gif

:popcorn:

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
That's on Maurice. Too much Wheeler in OT... yet again. Same old, same old, OT deal...

WTF?

image1.JPG

No...

Not on the coaches...

They don't play on the ice...

Actual Pic from the game...

Coaches want to win...

We ran into a Little bit of trouble, that's all...

One Point!

Next...

Time to beat the Preds...

Go :jets Go

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
The CAPS WIN THE CUP!! OMFG!! CONGRATS!

What a stupid goal celebration. I can't wait for this lousy team and their fans to be shown the door in round 2 or sooner yet again.
In fairness we celebrated probably equally as much when we beat them in overtime in Winnipeg. They are in a tight race for 1st in their division and we aren't an easy team to beat.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I'm so over this game now :)

I'm pump for the NASHVILLE TILT.

LETS BEAT THEM UP :) and show them who is the boss despite missing 5 very key players!!!

HELLY MAN!!! YOU ROCK!

GO JETS GO

Jets offense will wake up tomorrow!!!!

Laine 2 goals
Ehlers 1
Stastny 1
Little 1
Perrault 1
Wheeler 1
Connor 1
Roslovic 1
Armia 1

I think that's enough ;) :) ... to beat this PREDS ( who is a really really good team by the way ).

OUR JETS TEAM rock, despite all this injuries!!!

Best JETS team in the history so far.
GET READY FOR THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Reactions: ulf

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Thought we were pretty decent. Minus penalties..

Same old in OT.. Vets mess it up but.. 1 point is solid.. 3 1 1 so far. With half a roster injured... Not so bad.

Oh yeah.. Helle. Holy Hell E .Dude in beast mode .

Congrats to OVI on 600

Reactions: LowLefty

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Disagree on that pinch, there's no way in hell Byfuglien gets that puck. Best case scenario he holds the line and is hoping for Wheeler or Little to recover it. Terrible decision. That's a 5 on 5 decision you can make with the other D rotating behind you to cut off a breakaway, 3 on 3 can't try it.
Actually, it is 3 on 3 so you go for it....if Wheeler would have passed him the puck earlier, he would have had a grade A chance.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
We should be dominant again when Scheif, Lowry and Trouba get back for the last 10 games.

Just hope those guys(and Lowry) can hit the ground running. They dont have much time to shake off the rust. Its been a loooooooong time since theyve seen game action.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Dunno why some are so salty @ Caps and Ovie. Show some class, yeah? Be salty at our team, they're the ones who played like arse.

Do you remember Bill Grammatica? The NFL place kicker from the 90s who used to celebrate every PAT like he just won the lottery?

Do you ever watch tournament poker broadcasts? Ever see the guys that do the pony dance around the table when they steal the antes 3 minutes in when there's 8,000 people left in the field?

Ovie's kind of like that.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Little and Wheeler on 3 v 3 OT is kinda like watching Dumb and Dumber over and over and over again!
I in fact laughed like crazy when I saw that movie the first time. I was a college student then and we were watching it drunk with some college mates. Unfortunately there’s not enough of booze in the world to make me laugh at that crap that was going on in the OT tonight...

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I'm so over this game now :)

I'm pump for the NASHVILLE TILT.

LETS BEAT THEM UP :) and show them who is the boss despite missing 5 very key players!!!

HELLY MAN!!! YOU ROCK!

GO JETS GO

Jets offense will wake up tomorrow!!!!

Laine 2 goals
Ehlers 1
Stastny 1
Little 1
Perrault 1
Wheeler 1
Connor 1
Roslovic 1
Armia 1

I think that's enough ;) :) ... to beat this PREDS ( who is a really really good team by the way ).

OUR JETS TEAM rock, despite all this injuries!!!

Best JETS team in the history so far.
GET READY FOR THE PLAYOFFS!!!!
84-85 Jets say hi...

Reactions: Ducky10

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Why does Maurice over play guys in OT, it costs us every time. Guys are always gassed out their. Buff and wheeler just killed off the penalty and their back out there again? Why not use conner and ehlers who have speed and are meant for ot. Maurice needs to understand how to use his bench in ot and not overuse buff and wheeler, who seem to be out there for every goal against in ot.

Coach is setting precedent for the playoffs...

So Vets cant complain...

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Do you remember Bill Grammatica? The NFL place kicker from the 90s who used to celebrate every PAT like he just won the lottery?

Do you ever watch tournament poker broadcasts? Ever see the guys that do the pony dance around the table when they steal the antes 3 minutes in when there's 8,000 people left in the field?

Ovie's kind of like that.
Who gives a flying f***? It's a game, it's entertainment. They're not playing in DDR or North Korea, yeah? If Patty cellied like that you probably would not mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad