Post-Game Talk: Caps 3 Jets 2 We suck in OT edition

Discussion in 'Winnipeg Jets' started by White Out 403, Mar 12, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Vekke

Vekke Registered User

I am wondering why the media around Jets is so bad. There must be some really good sports journalists in Canada but those doesn’t show up on Jets matches apparently.

There is hardly never anything about the actual on ice happenings. It is Laine this and that, it was a grinder, injuries and thats about it. I mean I love the kid but I have heard hundreds of times how he grows into his body, skates and will become more overall player.

sipowicz likes this.
  2. Scheifelaine

Scheifelaine Registered User

After watching 40+ games this season, I have also gotten the impression that 9 times out of 10 they will call a slashing penalty when your stick gets into the hands of the puck carrier. It was a clumsy and unnecessary penalty taken by the VETERAN Little, since it looked like Buff was keeping up on the play and would have been able to cut off the Washington player.

Ippenator likes this.
  3. Evil Little

Evil Little Registered User

Mother****ers had it in for Little tonight.

At least my username is relevant again.

Ducky10 likes this.
  4. Whileee

Whileee Registered User

Overall, the Jets' effort and puck pressure was terrific, and they also did a good job of moving the puck for the most part. As I noted earlier, they did have some breakdowns defensively, but that's not a huge surprise when you are patching together D pairs with 3 top D and two core centres out.

5. Easternbull

Easternbull Registered User

Pomo again opts for tired Little and Wheeler in OT, when you have the leagues hottest hands waiting with fresh legs on the bench! This stinks rely stinks!

Satanan tuhkamuna!

1OApick likes this.
  6. Vekke

Vekke Registered User

No offence but Wheeler and Little have been stone cold and they were tired. At the same time there is Ehlers and Patty on fire at the bench..

Maybe PoMo was after confidence boost for vets...

Scheifelaine likes this.
  7. Easternbull

I think Pomo himself lacks confidence to go for a win OT, just had to get that of my chest..HATE LOOSING LIKE THAT!

8. ps241

ps241 Registered User Sponsor

I realize the team plays one game at a time but..........

3-1-1 on this road trip with half our D core out......well done boys we pretty much have second place in our division wrapped up so let’s get healthy and see what we can do this year in the playoffs.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  9. ffh

ffh Registered User

yes he was referring to himself. he said he had the best view in the house for ov's 600th.

10. ps241

ps241 Registered User Sponsor

I love to cheer against him when he is playing us and even hurl insults at him when I am watching the games by myself. But I will set down the stones I throw in a moment of ceasefire to give it up to the Great 8.

600 goals in 990 games against the goalies of this era is a major accomplishment.

Now that I got that out of the way.......Ovie YOU SUCK and you are going to choke in the playoffs again. Laine will send you an autographed photo of him kissing the cup when it happens because that will be as close as you ever get to it.

:razz:

11. Asiantuntija

Asiantuntija C.Ronaldo > L.Messi

What an amateur mistake by Wheeler at the end. We will have really hard time without Chef.

Scheifelaine likes this.
  12. Do or Die

Do or Die Registered User

Buff looked like a bullfighter on that pinch.....you go all in on the pinch - have to get a piece of the puck, or the man.

13. KingBogo

KingBogo Admitted Homer

I rarely get all the over the top angst around here. We battle another 1st place team to a draw on the road, with a slight possession advantage and then lose in a gimmicky 3-3 OT. Chances are pretty good in the playoffs both teams won't be 2 men down so it doesn't really matter much that we aren't great at 3-3 when the real games start. We are 3-1-1 on a tough road trip with a ton of injuries and battling the flu bug along the way. As locked into 2nd as we are it is pretty impressive we have remained as engaged as we have been. I know it is fun sport to single out your favorite target after a loss and find something to throw darts at.

As long as we get healthy for the playoffs we are going to be a handful. I'd also like to see Mo give some of the vets, especially Wheeler a couple nights off during the last week or 2 of the season to recharge a bit.

14. puck stoppa

puck stoppa Registered User

Good game to watch. Lost in all this is how good Helly was, he was moving and tracking so well today, it was fun to watch!
    I felt bad for Little, he gets elbowed in head in the first no call, then gets chopped down by the benches in the second no call. Both plays worse then his penalties imo. Guy couldn't catch a break. This will light a fire under the guy!
    Onwards and upwards!

Mortimer Snerd and Tommigun like this.
  15. HannuJ

HannuJ Registered User

yeah. this is a brutal stretch. i was expecting a true 3 game losing streak. pleased to get a point out of yesterday. and considering that Helle should have been charged with grand theft larceny 5 times? i'm very pleased.

Jets are tired and banged up and hitting a late season rut. big time. and they're still in games. having 3 impact players coming back into the line-up by the weekend will make a world of difference.

with Hendricks out of the line-up, do we see Wheeler slotting in as centre again?

Little's an easy target, but man...that OT penalty and him being on the ice for that 2 on 1....you just knew what was going to happen.

also, the shine's totally off Roslo and Frenchie right now. someone needs to get them some Magic Elixir.

ps241 likes this.
  16. Whileee

Whileee Registered User

I love it when a Jets' "rut" is 6-3-1 and a 3-1-1 road trip.

Howard Chuck likes this.
  17. Maukkis

Maukkis PK's Sobbin'

They could certainly use a center who is strong at playing with the puck. I reckon Copp is too similar to 85 and 52, which leaves the line with too little talent and finishing ability etc. However, that's a tough line change to make, considering the fact that we don't have many options down the middle.

18. YWGinYYZ

YWGinYYZ RIP Fugu

Usually that magic elixir is Frenchy, so... :D

I think he's suffering the effects of that flu the last few games, and has been a bit puck-unlucky lately. To your other point: I could see them slotting Wheels in as centre until Lowry and/or Scheif gets back. Easiest thing to do, though he could use a bit of rest as well.

Scheifele, Lowry, Trouba, Enstrom, Kulikov. That's a lot of talent on the sidelines.

Yup! There are worse ruts to be in. :D

Howard Chuck likes this.
  19. ocdaddy

ocdaddy Registered User

Loved how Caps had their face-off guy take the 1st draw of OT.. gain possession then get off. Its like smart coaching. Hopefully Mau taking notes.

A few more wins in OT and tonights game would be for 1st place. Would be harder to beat Preds in 7 without home ice.

20. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer Fuelled by Whiskey

Not singling you out, but this line of thinking confuses me.

You get a point after playing a pretty solid game on the road. You get to OT and you continually put the same players out that continually have lost you the extra point in OT.

Gimmicky or not, we are chasing Nashville and yet continue to leave points on the table in OT. Each and every point is critical during the season, including the OT points. Can you imagine being one point behind Nashville at the end of the season? Could we have done anything different to make up those points?

Why do so many people think it doesn’t really matter when it actually does?

Board Bard likes this.
  21. Ducky10

Ducky10 President Patrik Laine Fan Club Sponsor

Nah, he was right along side him and tied up his stick. Weak call. Ot call was right.

Mortimer Snerd and Robinson2187 like this.
  22. Duke749

Duke749 Formerly "BigTuna49"

Yeh it’s too bad we didn’t have our best face off guy out there in Little. Oh wait... :facepalm:

23. libertarian

libertarian Registered User

Jets are 3/1/1 on this road trip so far. Considering their top C and top shutdown C plus 3 of their top D are out I'll take it. What I am really looking forward to is when both Scheifele and Lowry are back. Lowry will be our 4th line C and able to play 12-14 mins a night playing again the best lines in the NHL. This will give the Jets so many options on the road to the point where PoMo will not care what opposition line is out he can just role out 4 lines. The Jets strength at C will make them a Juggernaut in the PO's.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  24. Easternbull

Win the bloody face off then get the f%#k off the ice!
    :mad:

25. Howard Chuck

Howard Chuck Registered User Sponsor

Fixed that for you :laugh:

Scheifelaine likes this.