Recalled/Assigned: Capobianco Called Up (again 1/31/18)

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Sounds like an audition. If he plays well then KConn takes his spot in Tucson.

Edit: This will make 7 picks by Bernhardt on the active roster, including 3 from the 2015 draft.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Sounds like an audition. If he plays well then KConn takes his spot in Tucson.

Edit: This will make 7 picks by Bernhardt on the active roster, including 3 from the 2015 draft.

I really liked what I saw from Capobianco in the camps, and he's been tearing it up in Tucson. Hope he's another kid who grabs the opportunity and never looks back.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I really liked what I saw from Capobianco in the camps, and he's been tearing it up in Tucson. Hope he's another kid who grabs the opportunity and never looks back.
Ditto, I'm worried he may not be ready, but as long as they're reasonably sure this won't be damaging long term give him a shot.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Randy Exelby. He backed up Patrick Roy In Montreal. I think he only played a few minutes once, when Patrick had to quickly run off the ice due to the call of nature.

Wow, really? I played inline against Randy quite a bit. He was a man among boys in our 40-over league, dangling through everybody whenever he wanted to. Behind the Mask is *the* hockey store chain in Phoenix - always a good experience with the sales people when I go in there.

Reactions: Yandover

Yandover

Nov 8, 2013
Wow, really? I played inline against Randy quite a bit. He was a man among boys in our 40-over league, dangling through everybody whenever he wanted to. Behind the Mask is *the* hockey store chain in Phoenix - always a good experience with the sales people when I go in there.
20 yrs ago I signed my eight year old son up for a goalie clinic on an outdoor rink given by Randy. Of all things, it snowed in Phoenix that day. 20 people had signed up and Randy called all of them except for me and some 30-year-old goalie. When we showed up and Randy wasn’t there we called him and he came out and gave both of them a 2 hr private clinic. At the end he lined up 10 pucks 20 feet from the net and bet the 30-year-old guy 20 bucks that he could hit the crossbar with all of them. Well he missed every time by exactly 1 inch over the crossbar. When I mentioned that to him he winked at me and doubled the bet with the other guy. Then he hit the crossbar 10 times in a row at rapid fire like a machine gun. It just goes to show you what another dimension these NHL players actually exist in. (‘cept for Kconn and Egg Schenn however). And he never collected the bet money. Great guy.

Last edited:

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
With this and the Strome call up, we've now taken 2 of Tucson's top 3 scorers. We really need to make a deal for some AHL vets or send down some guys (KConn) in their place.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
With this and the Strome call up, we've now taken 2 of Tucson's top 3 scorers. We really need to make a deal for some AHL vets or send down some guys (KConn) in their place.
We picked up Tye McGinn, even if he's been a bust for them so far. Every expectation should have been he'd be a top scorer there. We also sent them Kempe back, who was a top scorer there when we initially called him up. I would agree that we need to send Connauton down to them sooner then later. We did give them Clendening, despite our injuries and issues, however. I don't think we've really poached them and left them in a bad position too much. It's more that McGinn and to some extent Clendening have been underperforming (at least statistically, I haven't seen any games)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I think when you call up a guy in Strome who's scoring a step off 2 points per game it doesn't really matter what you add back anyway. That production isn't just laying around even at the AHL level. They are the minor league club, it's gonna happen.

Also they should get Hanley back right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad